can a person with my check use my routing and acct info printed on there to order a box of new checks?

like order a box of new checks that has my name and info on it, and spend it in my name?

Favorite Answer

of course!!!

They can use that information to purchase anything online!

There has been a grass roots demand for check printers to go to a barcode system which would not allow stolen checks to be used on the internet without a pin number.

So far it hasn't happened.

Most Websites, will tell you what numbers to put where to make a purchase. it is so simple kids have done it to their own parents... BEWARE...

I never have a box of checks mailed to my home mailbox.

I have them sent DSL to my work or my husbands where we have to sign for them. I order my checks from a 3rd party for addl security.

another way to avoid fraud is to not have any information other than your name address phone put on your checks.

No social numbers, and never sign your name Exactly the way it is on your check for example My husband's says Sr.

but he never signs it Sr. if a check is cashed with Sr,.in the signature , the bank knows he didn't sign that check.

I never use my middle intial though it appears on my checks.

Like she said above, the checks will go to your address. Did you advise your bank of this? That should be you first step, then I would get a new account number...

Yes they should be able to, but the chq's would go to your house not there home. Unless they also go to your bank and forge a change of address application