What is the most important part of a great rock band?

Is it the vocals? Maybe the lead guitarist? Or is it the bass guitar? Or yet something else?

Some bands have a combination of these and does make them stronger, but which is the most important component that makes a great, memorable rock band?

Favorite Answer

Guitar. If there's two guitarists, both of them are equally important. Most singers aren't bad enough to destroy music in good rock bands, and bass can't throw off a song, it can only help if the bassist is good, but if he just follows the rhythm guitarist then whatever. I never really notice the drums but obviously they are important but not what I listen for when i listen to good music.

Vocals. I played in a band that had 3 guitars drums and a bass. I was added as a keyboard player/vocalist. The guy that did most of the singing was quite horrible however he couldn't hear himself and how bad he was. I find that guitar players just crank up their amp and go to town. My keyboard was going through the pa system and I had a small amp for a monitor. We were doing a gig and one song in particular I really couldn't hear what I was playing but I kept going because I knew the chord sequence and managed to do it that way. I hadn't played with these guys to long so during this song there was a lull in he sound. It was at that point that I discovered that I was in completely the wrong key. Ouch!

Bands need to make sure the vocals can be heard properly and you need to spend time on harmonies. Don't just go over the song once or twice and be satisfied. Work it for a while until you're happy with what you hear.

Wow very virtually no one knows background here. The Beatles began and carried out each thing. They replaced rock music. What would rock be from 1970-recent without them.they have stimulated such extremely some youthful artists. i'm no longer asserting they're the ultimate band with the aid of fact they're in my view my well-liked yet with the aid of fact they're the ultimate. No bands has come on the brink of what that they had. they have bought over a thousand million information. in addition they held the perfect 4 positons interior the perfect 5 singles. How dazzling do you should be to try this.

Chemistry. Musical chemistry, really. Of courser it helps if the band members get along, but how they fit together musically is what makes a band good. Take the Beatles, for instance, not only were each of them proficient at music and at playing their instruments, (though i'd say the most talented musicain in the group was George) they fit together so well. It's not something explainable, it's just something that happens. An example of a band that doesn't really have the best musicians in it but they have great chemistry would be... I can't think of an example, but I'm thinking Cheap Trick or something.

In my opinion with the greatest rock bands there were never a best part. It occurs only when the band combines all of these into one musical monster(so to say), can it ever achieve greatness.

For example, look at the Beatles. Let's be honest now, individually they were not the most talented people for their respective instruments. It was the combination of the four of them that brought them into the hearts of people everywhere.

• S>T<W

Since an awesome riff is usually the first thing that attracts you to a song, that's definitely important, but so is a singer with a decent voice, a bass player who doesn't get lost in the shredding of the guitars, and a drummer who can keep a rhythm.

I guess it's all the most important part....

It takes all of it

A Great Vocalist, A Great Guitarist, and a Great Rhythm Section to make a truly Great Band.

I think the most important part is their songs, I mean, and the lyrics. It is critical that the lead singer can pull of the song w/o sounding stupid.

Talent

If your lead singer sucks, not even an awesome band can carry them forever!! ;)