Would a free 2.0 iPod Touch Update void the warranty?

I was on Youtube looking at different ways of getting the 2.0 version of the iPod Touch for free. So my questions is, would the warranty become voided if the update is done this way? Or would Apple even be able to tell the way you updated your ipod?

Favorite Answer

yes, the apple warranty WOULD be voided because you hacked you ipod. it is said if you hack your ipod then your warranty is voided. do not hack you will regret in the future. just go ahead and pay the $10

here i will put it this way

you could:

a) pay $10 and have a perfect ipod with the warranty still on it

orrrrr

b) you can get the software for free, break your ipod, and then have to pay $399 all over again

i choose a but its your ipod

hope this helps

:)

I don't think so. It is only is you Jailbreak your iPod. Just buy downloading a Firmware somewhere else besides iTunes and using that doesn't really break any rules. BUT if you download a Torrent with that THAN it is illegal but that's different. And do you know whats REALLY strange. Right not in iTunes, I'm actually getting the 2.0 iPod Touch thing for FREE. I mean I just hooked up my iPod and that page saying upgrade to 2.0 came up and I clicked "Buy" and strangely I only have 95 cents in my account but they are still giving it to me for FREE! Must be a glitch or something but its a GOOD ONE!!!

well if u updated it by putting the 2.0 beta on 1st then restoring it while upgradeing to the official 2.0 they would not be able to tell and it would be free any official firmware will not void the warranty