Restaurants Where You Eat in the Dark?

My 16th birthday is coming up and my mom offerred to take me somewhere special. Does anyone know of a restaurant in Connecticut or New York where you can eat in the dark?

Also, about how much will it cost and can you order the food you want (I'm a vegitarian and I don't want to unknowingly eat meat)?

If anyone's eaten in a restaurant like this, is it a good/fun experience?

Favorite Answer

GO TO moNTREAL!!! they have an excellent restaurant called o noir - really good food and very exciting! I went with my boyfriend and friends and it was great! a very good experience and yes they do have vegetarian dishes

The only one I know of in the United States is Opaque. It has locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. You can eat in complete darkness. However, I'm not sure about any restaurant of this kind on the east coast. I do believe there are several overseas though.

there are a lot of choices for evening dinning one of the funniest places I went on my birthday was the RAIN Forest Cafe it was a totally different dinning experience. The have plenty of food variety, and they are more then happy changing anything and making it to order for you. The price is kinda up there but the food is worth it. Other choices would be olive garden, or you can research restaurants in your area using the phone book online and type in keywords such as vegetarian.

where can I eat in complete darkness. I would love to find a restaurant in new York city

Olive garden?

melting pot!!!!!!!!!!!! very good!!!!!