Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are spiritual paths ultimately trod alone?

Favorite Answer

For me, it was good that I talked to people about the various spiritual paths that I have set my little toe upon, considering and pondering. I have received good counsel and bad, and have read a lot.

Ultimately, I do walk alone, in terms of not walking my path with any other human being. However, I always feel the Earth is with me, not as a sentient being who is holding my hand. The planet is there, not praising or cursing.

It just IS. Our beautiful planet is with me inescapably, and the emotions I feel TOWARD our planet also accompany me on my spiritual journey.

However, I am the only homo sapiens on my path, and the decisions about which fork in the road to take rest solely with me. It may sound lonely to some, but for me, there is no other way possible.

I walk alone on the Earth and find my own way.

Lady Morgana

Yes, But really your not alone, if so be you have the son of the living god in your heart.. This path is like a potter making some most beautiful from a ugly lump of clay... Now as the clay spins, this is = to the things we face in our lives.. But just as the bible says " The just live by faith." And when we trust god for what he is doing in our lives, even though we can't see some times whats going on, it's then that we are took off of the pooters wheel, and then put in the fire to bake, and made very srong for to stand agaist the wilds of the devil.

Not in my experience, Christ has never left my side. Although I have to admit I have wanted to push HIm off my path and walk another path, an easier one...alone!. But that was me pushing Him away!

Some may ask" Thats silly you cant see Christ, hes in heaven anyway, what do you mean by that?"

I believe very much in a relationship with Christ like a friend. I see how He works through people in my life, through friends, through people sent into my life at the right time to encourage when I have felt depressed. I have been moved to open scripture at a juncture in my life when I had a serious decision to make and the pages have flopped open to a specific passage giving me the exact ...eerily sometimes, encouraging words. Some may say my mind sees what it wants to see in scripture, but to me its a personal way God can speak.

We are never alone not only because Christ himself promised to never leave me nor forsake me, through the Holy Spirit working as the comforter in this raving evil world, Christ will never abandon us to fumble along alone. Also when we have the map to follow in Gods word, although not always clear, when we seek clarification and seek Gods guidance to me its Gods instruction for lifes trials, joys, pain I suffer and the celebrations in life.

So no I dont see that following Christ is ever a lonley path.

I think they are likely to be trod alone if a person is not brainwashed.

Spirituality is a personal belief and not something that any person should allow anyone else to tell them what to believe.

No. Most people chose to follow the easier paths of others.

One walks the Red Road alone, but for his Spirit Guides, and the spirits of his ancestors.

In this way, he may learn compassion, humility, and trust.

No, I walk with the Holy Spirit.

Only if you start the trek alone.

It is so much easier with a helpmate.

With other people, yes! with your Creator at your side no. He will send you help if you ask Him. The Him I am referring to is Jesus!

Not always. You may sometimes need the inclusion of another entity to fulfill your objective. ♥