Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Hair straightener?

i never really needed one my hair was fine but now i seem to want one.....so how do i know how much i should spend on average on a hair straightener and which ones right for me....thx for the help :)

by damaging your hair what exactly do you mean?

haha ok im still completley lost all i've got so far is ceramics(however u spell that) and half say cheap other half say expense.....but thx for the help

Favorite Answer

Well I personally think that Chi hair straightener's are the best but they are pretty expensive. You say that your hair is fine, so I don't think you should spend a big wad of cash on a hair straightener that you might not even use that much. I would advise that you only spend around under 100 or 50 dollars.

you should make sure the straightner is a good one first off, especially if you have thin hair. Ceramics are the best because they don't damage your hair. Be carefull though because some may say they are but aren't completely ceramic. I spent about 70 on mine and it's really good, thats because I do mine almost every day. But if you don't plan on straightning your hair all the time you should probably get one that's around 30.

i would say chi is the best and is about $100.

almost every hair stylist (and celebrity) uses them. dont go with a really cheap one because it will absolutely damage your hair. if its a walmart its probably not ceramic or 100% ceramic therefore it will do great damage to your hair. i own a 1" chi and it works wonderfully. in the long run the money paid will be worth it, its durable and will last a long tim ( i drop mine alot. lol)

ps. in general heat damages you hair so i wouldnt use it too much. but to help keep it healthy condition it.

You should definitely buy a really good quality one, that means spending more money but it is absolutely worth it when it comes to that. My friends and I have all had really bad experiences with cheap straighteners- for one thing, they don't straighten! Now if it's on sale, that is a different story. Also i really, really recommend an ionic straightener, as do all of the magazines. It does wonders for straightening my hair, not to mention it makes it really shiny. I got mine on sale at Longs for sixty dollars.

it depends because the price range is huge it can be anything between 20-200 dollars but honestly you dont need to buy a super expensive hair straightener cause they all pretty much work the same. if i were you i would just go to the a drugstore and get one for like 30-50 dollars at the most :) hope i helped

Hi I'm Rochelle I've just been doing hairdressing in college for 2 years plus I'm addicted to hair straighteners so it gives me 2 points of view OK well the first as a hair dresser is hair get really damaged when using straighteners if your hair is fine I wouldn't touch your hair with straighteners as it will just ruin your hair if your going to use them I recommend that you get hair treatments for your hair like Henna wax which will close up your hair cuticle and smooth the hair it will help keep it healthy. My second point of view as a lover of straighteners is I recommend you go for the Ghds they heat up fast and your hair is done in no time. The cost of Ghds is generally around 100 pounds but it is defo worth it in the end have a look on the website http://www.ghdhair.com/uk/ghd-IV-styler?CMP=EMC-17... good luck x

Get a ceramic one. Make sure its not only ceramic plated. Honestly though, when buying hair straighteners you get what you pay for. Go to a stylist and pick up one from a salon. DO NOT LISTEN WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU CAN BUY A CHEAP ONE AND IT'LL HAVE THE SAME RESULTS!!! do not make that mistake please.

Source(s): Beauty school.

i have a remington tstudio tourmaline ceramic straightener that i purchased from target for about $36, and i love it!

it has 2.25 inch ceramic plates. the temperature setting goes from between 100-375 degrees (i usually don't set it higher than 140 degrees), and it heats up really quickly.

it leaves my hair soft, smooth, and silky!

http://www.target.com/T-Studio-Tourmaline-Ceramic-... (read more reviews here)

this is definitely a salon quality straigtener for a fraction of the price. you really do not need an expensive chi, ghd, or sedu straightener to get amazingly straight, soft, and silky hair.

so i would really recommend you try the remington tstudio.

(it comes with a 4 year warranty too)

=]

It depends on how your hair is. If it is pretty much straight already then dont bother spending $100 on one. Just go to target and buy one for like $25. If your hair is super curly or frizzy then i would recomend buying one that is more expensive from a salon.

Well to get a non-hair hurting wich is the best kind i think you should probably spend around $30 spending over $50 is not worth spending the money ive seen better straighners for $30 hope i've helped! :)