Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

My baby just ate DOG FOOD? help?

My baby just ate dog food... I turned my back for ONE SECOND and she was eating it. It was the wet kind and I'm afraid it is going to make her ill... should I take her to the doctor or is she okay? Please help

Favorite Answer

Dont worry Mama! its not the end of the world. If it was toxic then you would not be feeding it to your dog. Give baby a bottle and some people food to wash it down. She probably didnt eat much and they eat sooo many worse things on the playground. Not to mention, if you live with a dog, she comes in contact with his tounge a lot im sure. And dont feel so guilty, give yourself a break you are doing great!

Baby Ate Dog Food

My son did this when he was a baby a couple times, my daughter even ate the cruncy cat food once (yuck). I talked to the doctor about it when my son was little and he said that it won't hurt them. I have evn heard of old people using dog food for themselves when they could not afford regular food. I would try to make sure it did not become a habit, but no harm done. You can relax.

Dog training are excellent and very helpful to build you a stronger relationship with your dog. Read more https://tinyurl.im/7y1Vt

After I started training my dog, he became very attached to me and loves to stay by side as long as he can. But just going to them won't help. You have to practice what they teach you outside of the class and you need to keep up with it at least every now and then after the class ends otherwise they'll just go back to previous habits. This course is a really good place to go for dog obedience classes. It get's your dog around other people and dogs to socialize while getting the training you need. As for electric collars, I would say to not get one. In my experience, they're only a negative effect on your dog. I mean of course you're going to need to correct your dog, but being positive and encouraging your dog works a lot faster and easier.

Every dog is different, so unless you have a german shepherd or a really smart dog, it might take a while to train her. You might get frustrated with her, but go easy. She's still a puppy and has a lot of energy. A backyard or somewhere to run will help her get rid of a lot of energy that might cause her to misbehave from boredom.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My baby just ate DOG FOOD? help?

Source(s): baby ate dog food help: https://biturl.im/sWzZD

She will be fine. It won't make her sick- there are probably all sorts of things she has been eating since she has been mobile, by now household germs are normally in her system. My son eats any little speck on the floor, so I have to vacuum nearly every day- it won't hurt, it is just gross.

Nah...your baby will be fine. If it was toxic...then even dogs wouldnt be allowed to eat it. My kids have gotten into dog food, cat food....its just something they do.

She'll be fine...just keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours.

Maybe she'll have to go outside and poop with the dog.

lol, shes fine our nephew was always in the dog food.

should be OK my 20 mo. is always eating dry dog food and his teeth are clean and his hair looks good too