Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How do I get over this?

I don't especially like doing things by myself, but have lost most of my friends, and end up alone everyday. I like to do things like go play on swings (childish, I know) or go get ice cream, but I am so scared of doing it by myself. I am afraid people will look at me and think I am a freak and am pathetic for not having someone to go with. How do I get over this?

Yes, swings and ice cream are fun, but more helpful answers would be really appreciated.

Favorite Answer

usually i just think to myself: "who cares what they think, most of the time they probably won't notice me or remember me, even if they do its just for that second."

thats how i get by when im alone.

hope that helped :P

Swings and Ice cream rule

Ok, so i assume that your ex-friends and you were among the "popular kids" or something like that and you always made fun of people who walked alone, right? Because you were so weak that you felt like you HAD to belong to a group. You still seem to do but you will get over it.

However, for your information; normal people don't think that it's "pathetic" to do something alone. It's actually quite healthy. You should try it.

I do things by myself all the time - not because I have no one to go with, but b/c sometimes I enjoy my own company! Sometimes I'll end up in a conversation with someone on line or one the train etc and suddenly I have company again :)

So don't stress, no one will think twice about it.

Well you might want to make up an imaginary person or maybe you should talk to God sometimes,you know.You can get stuffed animals so Good Luck and God Bless!

your friends are not always going to be thier for you

but a girl/boyfriend will lol

swings/ice cream do rule!!!!!!!!!!

if you go by yourself, then maybe you'll find someone there that likes the same stuff that you do! take the risk! i wish that i could!

notice not everyone probly goes with someone

dont care what they think cuz its not their life or business