Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Do I have a soul?

I don't think I have a soul. I cannot feel love, empathy, or sympathy, and most tell me that I am a self-absorbed little *****, and they are probably right. Also, I do not care about anything because I am afraid that if I lose it I won't be able to deal with it and either go insane or kill myself, but what makes me think I am soulless is the fact that I cannot change these things. I try to love and be sympathetic, and trust, but I am so scared of them that I can't. I also can't feel emotion. So, do I have a soul or not?

Favorite Answer

Everyone has a soul. All a soul is is the person's identity. You have an identity (even if it is a self absorbed little sh*t), therefore, you have a soul.

Unless you've had a frontal lobotomy; you feel. If you don't care about anything, then why do you care if you have a soul or not, why should it matter. You said you are scared...hey, good news...that's a feeling....repeat after me..."I think, therefore I am." Once you stop thinking those dark thoughts...I'm thinking your soul may show up. Try this...kill 'em with kindness...it works every time. Get pleasure out of watching all those who say you are a self absorbed____, do a 180 when you start being kind, considerate, and thoughtful. You be amazed at how the world all comes together once you use kindness as your mantra.

There are 2 theories.

1. We have a soul but are not connected to it, as if the mind is blocking it out like the moon blocks the sun out during an eclipse.

2. We do not have souls and must develop them by making certain efforts of a spiritual nature.

I think the first is most likely. The question then becomes, how to make the soul the active force in our lives instead of the desires of the mind and body.

lol...don't eat yourself dude the fact that you ask that question proves you have one of the best souls on earth. i admire anyone who question themselves cause that means they want to be good. btw im a girl and everyone keeps talking of how solid i am, ive never shed a tear 4 a live human being, but ive only ever cried at stories..movies...and ofcourse when i feel sorry for myself(i try to show i care abt poor animals).... i just finished skl and "hopefully going to college" but i dont think itll be this year mind u i aint got any gd marks anyway and i dont even know what ill do im just doing it all for my parents(and the fact that i wanna do somethin good and real).the fact that i hardly do anything or even attempt(i only think and plan) have made me so forgetful that i once paused to say my name when some dude asked(can u believe how far this could get). ive never even cried when ppl i know died because i hardly care i mean if i will die someday too it might as well be sooner y wait. but ill tell you one thing...i feel im the most emotional being on earth(i think its because were too emotional that we dont care and we can hardly need to do a thing ). and no matter how long itll take for me to straighten up i will one day. and i might regret it but ill always remember that i had some youth and days ill never 4get and even luagh abt because with this all forms the real nature youre really meant to be.

first of all fear is an emotion and the fact that your asking this shows that your worried about yourself, which is also a kind of emotion.

but having a soul doesn't neccesarly have anything to with whether or not you feel emotions. a soul is your life force that drives your brain and your heart to continue functioning everyday. when we die our so is no longer inside the empty shell that once contained a human soul

You have no soul. The world would be better off without you.

Nah, just kidding. The fact that you're worrying about it, is a good sign. You just sound like you have depression, go see a doctor and get some therapy. It works, and you need it.

The better question is "am I a sociopath", and it sounds like the answer might be yes.

I have empathy, sympathy and all that, but I don't know if I have a soul either.

Of course you have a soul !!!! We all do, you don't say how old you are. Do you love animals? Would you allow someone to be cruel to one in front of you.. if you can answer yes to this question.. you do need to see someone in a professional capacity.

Yes, you have a soul. You do feel emotion, Emily. You feel fear. That fear makes you very human. The best way to get beyond fear is to experience what you fear and discover that you can handle it. You can do it!

u are just scared of everything u just are non sholaunt and u need to go get councled so u can bring all the scared and pain out of u and trust GOD to help u.