How do i quit a job?

I know it seems like a stupid question, but i want to know how to correctly quit a job. I work at Starbucks and i don't want to work there anymore. Do i just call and say i don't want to work there anymore?

Is it alright to do it over the phone because i don't want to pay for a taxi just to go to my job and quit?

Favorite Answer

At a place like Starbucks, just arrange to meet with your hiring manager for a moment. Tell him or her that you are resigning. Give them 2 weeks notice if at all possible. In a more professional environment, letters of resignation are requested, but likely wouldn't be in this case. No need to sweat quitting. Managers of retail/fast foods chains, for example, are used to people quitting.

If you are going to quit a job, don't just act like it was a little part of your life; because it wasn't. What I would do is see the boss, and ask if you can talk. Then Tell him/her that working there helped you earn money, and was very fun, but you wanted to move on and do something different. It's kind of like asking your best friend not to be your friend any more, except for the part where you want to do something different. Say it in your words, though. If this boss was really nice to you, I would consider giving him/her a little present to show how much you appreciated it. If your boss wasn't that nice, then I would recommend giving a little note/card because he/she might get a little angry about you leaving. Make sure you are OK with this, and then talk to your boss.

Normally you should give them two weeks notice. You do not have to but it means you left on good terms.

No way do not say that!!!! You need to talk to them in person and say, " I dont think this job is good enough for me and i just need time off and i would like to quit this job" thats the correct way. :)

You could put your two weeks notice into writing and hand it to your supervisor explaining the situation to them. You don't want to burn any bridges so make sure to finish out your two weeks.

Generally, you have to give a two weeks notice. Ask your supervisor.