Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Getting wisdom teeth removed tomorrow and i'm scared to death?

I've never had a surgery before and I have no idea what to expect. I'm getting put out for it and I've never been put out before either. It's the fear of the unknown I know but I'm just freaking out about it ha. Anyone have any advice?

Favorite Answer

It's a little scary while you are waiting. The last thing I remember is them putting the mask on me to knock me out and then it seemed like a second later I was waking up afterwards. Your mouth is going to feel like crap for a few days and you will have trouble talking and eating. I didn't have much pain, but it was just uncomfortable. You will get some drugs for the pain that will help tremendously,and you'll probably just sleep for a few days. Good luck!

I am 16 and got them out Tuesday! I was so freaking scared I think my hands were shaking when I was waiting. Anyways... I was awake the whole time but... the nurse gave me 5 pills before the surgery. I think they calm your nerves, they were sedatives. So you wont care about anything after that ;) And then the doctor gave me nitrous oxide and WHOA it was so... interesting lol. It was on my nose the entire time and I was breathing through it like crazy hehe. It makes your body tingly and also relaxes you. Only advice is... keep your mouth clean after the surgery =) don't worry a ton about the surgery itself though!

You'll be fine. You're put out the whole time and won't remember it, obviously. And you'll get like the oxygen for your nose, IV, & such.

For me, the worst part was the bleeding & gauze. It took 3 1/2 hours for it to stop bleeding. It's different for everyone though. So, just make sure you parent(s) has extra gauze.

The pain didn't even start 'til like the third day for me. And I was eating mashed potatoes for like two weeks. Definitely isn't the most fun thing in the world but you only have to go through that one time in your life.

Good luck. (:

Don't worry. This is the easiest surgery you will ever have. When the doctor gives the anesthetic you will fall asleep and wake up a moment later with your wisdom teeth gone.

If you're going under general anasthesia, you will not feel or remember a thing.

Relax, let the meds go to work, and follow the post-operative care advice given to you by your oral surgeon.

Source(s): I'm a big wuss, and I wasn't even put under; I just got gas, and I was fine. Good luck!

It's easy. Had it done last year. They knocked me out, which basically made me relaxed and go to sleep. When they woke me I was done. My jaw was sore and swollen for a while, but nothing horrible, but that was because my teeth were deeply impacted.

i don't think having your wisdom teeth removed is surgery. you'll probably have a swollen face for a day or so. oh, never mind, i don't think i'd consider it surgery. having 4 c-sections was surgery

• dont worry! i got alls mines pulled out at once in the 7th grade its no big! u jus cant eat certain things we u r done u can mainly onli eat soft foods....and they will give u some pills to relieve the pain

you'll be fine!! ... just dont think about it!. . .have fun!:)