Is 14 too young to date a just turnt 17year old?

He turnt 17 last week, and im 14 1/2

hes really shy and he wouldnt pressurise me into anything.

Favorite Answer

You should know this already.

If you feel you are mature enough. He's only really just 2 years older. But that can still be a lot.

But obviously you have some doubt. If you have any doubt at all then you should wait. Better safe than sorry, right?

• Bren J

Yes, definitely. I mean, when comes to age, it's always kind of personal. Numbers are confusing. There ARE people who have made it work, so it's not entirely impossible, but in my opinion when you are a teen you should not date anybody over two years older than you, period. For the ten tears between adulthood and childhood you're still developing and figuring out who you are, and I don't think it's healthy to be in a relationship with somebody over two years older than you because there are definitely going to be some major differences in the way you guys think and act.

Also, it's really easy for the guy to take advantage of you since he's probably more emotionally stable at seventeen. There are some things he may put you through, not realizing that you're not ready yet...you're still too young.

Yes u r 2 young 4 him...between 14 to 17 life changes so much n u need to either find a boy who is 14 or 15 or jus b single...cause nothing good will come of this..17 yr old boys want much more than a girlfriend n he is older n will eventually want a older girl.

He is 17 years old and your 14 ok and you say he doesnt want anything off you sexually. Ok he's 17 and in his prime of course he wants sex he's just going a different way about it.

He's acting like he will wait for you but he's just lunging you in a false sense of security so you will then want to have sex with him because he is so sweet extra.

Well if he does have sex with you he is breaking the LAW and can go to jail for having sex with a minor. Go out with boys your age and don't try to grow up so quickly enjoy still being a child/young teenager I wish I was 14 again you can do so much with your life at that age. Good luck!

Sorry hon, but what grade are you in? 8th, maybe 9th? He is a senior. He is interested in sex, bank on it. You, are not ready for that. Yes, he is too old for you. When you are in High School, then you can date a 17 year old. If you were my daughter, this 17 year old kid would be in some serious fear of me. His parents would also be made known of it. You say he is shy and wouldn't pressure you into anything? Yeah, right. That's what he wants you to think. You sound like you like him but you are still too young for someone his age. Stick with your own age group, for now, anyways.

• Shana

I know it doesn't seem so when you are together, but yes, you're too young. You're just starting high school and he should be finishing up soon and going off to college (hopefully!).

If you do date, by next year it will be illegal for him to date you. Not only could he end up with an arrest record, he could end up on the Sex Offender Registry, which will follow him for the rest of his life.

Give dating someone your own age a chance. If you and this boy are meant to be together, try waiting until you start college to date.

I not going to say 14 is too young to date but 14 is too young to get into a serious relationship. It's highschool so just becareful with the kind of people go out with. Just remember HS is HS and 80% of HS relationships don't last for more than 2 yrs.

I can't tell you who to date but just don't do anything you might regret later.

Yeah honey he's to old! I'm not saying you're a kid but I will say he's a pervert, THE KIND GROWN UPS WARN YOU ABOUT! He WILL want you to do grown up stuff because he's grown up. If you were my daughter, niece or sister or something I'd tell you to stay away from him. He could be as nice as ice-cream for all I care, after abit it makes you put weight on! Hang out with mates your own age they'll be into what your into and you can be yourself. Deep down You know he's too old that's why your asking the question. You've got ages and ages to find a boyfriend don't let this guy trick you. If he likes you that much tell him to ask your parents if its OK to date you, when your 18! If you haven't got a big sister I'll be her for a minute, Id give you a big hug and say "UGGHHH! Tell him to stay away he's old!" Seriously, you could end up ruining your life, you might end up literally holding the baby!!!

Bottom line, you're too young and he's too old! X

no. I had a friend who was 20 and was dating a 14 year old... THAT was ridiculous. but as for that age difference i dont think there is anything wrong with it. But just be careful not to get too attached..he will be off to college and more than likely the relationship wont last. Not that it cant but it is REALLY difficult to date someone still in highschool when your in college. there is just too much of a difference.

I say yes, just because I am 17 and see the 17 year old guys at my school and how they act and none of them are different. You may think they aren't pressuring you at the time, but they are and they will. Before you know it you will have done something you regret.