Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Stubborn parents!?

We moved from a 5,000 sqft house with a 2 car garage and shed and lots of storage to a 1,500 sqft house with no garage or storage. My mom insists on keeping all her stupid garbage (decorations, stuff)..now our house is disgustingly a mess. And we have so much trash, we are paying $360 for storage every month to keep my moms junk.. My parents complain about the size of the house but they have so much garbage! Not only that, we have huge furniture from the other house thats basically not in proportion to this house. What can i do?

it annoys me because we have a business sized desk taking up a whole room...! and my moms bed is the size of her room

let me add we needed to move do to financial troubles..

I dont care about a small house i care about having huge furniture old clothes, books and decorations thrown around!!!

I hate this becuz i cant bring any1 over..this is causing my parents to be like stressed out

they are stubborn they always have something to do..i always talk to them at the "wrong times"..theres always an excuse.

Favorite Answer

1. try explaining to your parents that they could have saved so much money with all the stuff thats in the storage unit (id count up the total for them to see!!!)

2. try bringing up the point to them "if its obviously been in the storage place for so long...and you havnt used it, or missed it for this long...why do you need it later on? why keep it sitting somewhere when someone else can use it!?"

i hope that helps!!

WOW U CANT DO ANYTHING U R PARENTS R IN FINACIAL TROUBLE SO UNTIL THEY CAN REDEEM SOME MONEY U WILL BE LIVING THERRE AWHILE AND U JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT AND U MIGHT WANT TO TELL U R MOM THAT ALL UR JUNK IS CAUSING A MESS IN THE HOUSE BUT TELL HER IN A PILOT WAY.

Really there is nothing you can do. Your parents did what they thought was the best for them. Was it for the best it may not have been, but it sounds like yall had no choice. As adults we do make mistakes, but sometimes it takes us awhile to dig our way out. Good Luck and I'm sorry it is this way.

Some serious stuff going on in your home. Perhaps they are hanging onto the "things" because they are upset about their situation. The stuff is giving them some sort of emotional life raft to hang onto. You cannot change them, they have to change themselves. Be true to yourself and remember that no body's family is perfect.

Fix up your bedroom to make you happy, just the way you want it, and ignore the rest of the house. It's hard to downsize and have to give up stuff. They will deal with this issue in their own time.