Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists, would you like to control the worlds governments?

It would actually be kind of funny. You'd have nothing left to complain about since every murder, suicide, and speeding ticket gets blamed on organized religion.

Favorite Answer

I will always have something to complain about.

I could do a much better job than the people that are running it now...my dog could do a better job than the people that are running now,. and I have never heard about murder, suicide and speeding tickets being blamed on organized religion

Suicide blame on religion? I don't find this funny at all, but maybe you've never lost a loved one to suicide.

It has nothing to do with religion. It's mental illness.

To answer your question. I do not care about a person's faith or non-faith, but their politics. But do take note that the Roman Catholic countries of Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Ecuador all have atheist presidents in office. Elected atheist presidents.

Don't bring up Chavez of Venezuela, as he is a practicing Catholic.

Source(s): Atheist
  • jrrose

Not necessarily control them, but I would be all for making them a "secular" government just like the good ole USA. Separation of church and state is one of the most important things that the US Constitution offers. This way it allows true freedom to either practice religion or not. Almost everytime that a government was controlled by a faith, the consequences were simply horrible, just look at history.

A lot of Atheists don't try to "abolish" religion, but, they don't want it interfering with there lives because it is mandated by a government either.

i'm guessing we are listening to much greater those days approximately it incredibly is because of the fact Obama would desire to be the blunder or a means source for inflicting it to evolve. i'm questioning that he thinks because u.s.'s continually been a controlling pastime and a means to be reckoned with, he's attentive to we are going to have greater desirable administration in it or a minimum of he thinks. fact isn't lots of the different countries will evaluate to u.s. being the controlling pastime...i'm able to think of of 6 important pastimes which will have not have been given something to do with it. In some techniques for the period of background we've tried comparable efforts to end this yet with a diverse identify.....are you able to think of of a few?

• Amy

You mean as in an atheistic theocracy? No. Neither religion nor lack thereof should ever be mandated by the government. Everyone should be free to believe whatever they want to believe, and to practice that belief so far as it does not infringe on the rights of others.

• ?

I don't care. I support secular government. If we all have equal rights, it honestly doesn't matter what people believe.

Speeding tickets are blamed on organized religion? What?

Source(s): Atheist

Heh.

I am sorry your religion causes so much grief to society, that you are forced to defend it by wondering what it would be like if the others were in charge.

Truth is that religion DOESN'T cause all violence and murder in society, but sure does shoulder it's fair share, making it just as dangerous as drugs and greed and nationalism to humanity.

Atheism isn't the cause to all of mankind's and life's ailments, but it sure would cure the ones caused by your reliance on faith.

Heck no,... I can barely run my own life, let alone all the governments of the world.

I just wish that the leaders of the world had half a brain amongst the group of them.

I think there's a place for religion. It's not for me but people do get comfort from it. I just complain when they interfere with people not in its membership.

• Jess H

Well, if all those fundies weren't in such a hurry to get to church, there wouldn't be as many speeding tickets now, would there?