Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

How old were you when you had your first bikini wax?

ok, this is kinda embarrassing so i feel better knowing i',m asking total strangers. so i'm 14 and i'm going into high school this fall. i really want to get a bikini wax but i don't know where to get one or how to do it myself. i definitely don't want to tell my mom! lol. yea, so i thought about shaving but then i heard it makes you really bumpy and itchy so i'm like no thanks. so i was just wondering, is this a good age to get one and where/how can i?

Favorite Answer

I was 17 when i first got mine done, I shaved before and had really embarassing rashes and bumps with it that often got infected from the bacteria on shaving blades and looked like pimples! yuck! waxing is awesome and does not hurt as bad as i thought. You deffinitly have to get in professionally done so it's ensured that they've done it often and know what they're doing. You can google salons in your area and make calls to see if they offer it, most do. The only thing is, i hate having hair in that area and it sucks waiting between waxes. They usually range from 35-90 depending what you want. I recomend investing in this cream called relax and wax "no scream cream" it's said to reduce 50% of pain caused by waxing and after make sure you ask someone at the salon for an exfoliator (not a like sand scrub) but a liquid one so that you don't get painful ingrown hairs when your hair begins to grow. Goodluck girl! =]

• : )

13

Ok, if you're too embarrassed to discuss it with your mom, then you're too young to get waxed.

yeah i have this same dilema and wouln't shaving not make it grow faster!?! lol

i got mine done at 13.

im 14 too. dont get one.

Just shave it.

i dunno i have never got one ether i want one to lol and im going to high school this year to yaya lol