Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do you think age is just a number if I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 14?

I'm 18 years old and my girlfriend is 14 years old. My and her parents both think it extremely weird that we're dating but neither of us care. Our parents won't let us see eachother let alone talk on the phone anymore because of our age difference. So do you think our age difference is that big of a deal??

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't that bad, it's just that society thinks everyone is a paedophile now. As long as there's no sex involved, it isn't that bad at all. It's slightly questionable, but nothing more.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with the top anwser and think about this, you see adults all of the time like in there 30's,40's,50's etc that the male is four years older easy so no not that big of a deal. Besides when your 22 she will be 18 not that big of a deal then.

Hope this helps ;)

• 1 decade ago

I think its a big deal cause your considered an adult now but she is still a teenager. so it is a really big age difference. Plus if you guys have sex then it would be considered a sexual offense and you will be considered a pedophiler. Either way you should wait a couple of years when she is a adult too.

• 1 decade ago

Well, from the outside looking in, it does look a little weird because you guys are 4 years apart. Also, legally, it is a big deal, BUT if you want her for her and truly care about her, I see nothing wrong. :]

-I hope everything works out well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Right now it matters A LOT. Personalities and stages of development are on completely different levels.

Later, the 4 years won't matter much.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Age is just a number, but statutory rape means a number like 10-25. Years in prison that is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my state, the age of consent is 18.

I am very sorry, but you need to get a girlfriend who's your age. It's a legal thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

age difference is not a big deal but i think it is when there is somebody under the age of consent and the other is above it.

• H*R*M*
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i think that is wrong.

you guys are at totally different stages. why would you want to be with an immature 14 y/o? even if you think she "acts" mature, she probably has none of the life experience that a girl your own age would have. you'll probably end up manipulating the poor girl. if i were her parents i would have you locked up, and get your *** beat - that is so creepy.

what's wrong with girls your own age???

• 1 decade ago

okay it is a bit werid in most cases such an age difference this young is usually an extreme problem however there are always exceptions

so if you two think it will work and its not just puppy dog love go for it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.