I have alright fl studio beats (xxl 8) but i would like to make them better? Any tips or tutorials that help?

I know youtube has some but they kinda suck i havent found any good ones. I'm also wondering about a usb keyboard and if it would help making my beats easier. I also make rap beats and hip hop beats to let yall know. I rap on them myself and dont need recording stuff or anything just need some help with making my beats better. Also I need more sounds, i have downloaded some from warbeatz and realraptalk but theyre not to good.

• audio1
    Favorite Answer

Go to YouTube and search "Fl Studio tutorial". They have tons of videos of people using Fl Studio. Jib jabbin about it.

drum beat one-shots

http://www.audioskull.com

If you got Limewire or a simliar P2P program, select programs and search for samples, and you'll find zip'd folders of them able to download.

Also, when it comes to help, Sai'gon wrote a hip-hop production book my friend had bought.

When it comes to a piano, if linked right I found it makes making beats exponentially easier. I bought a MD-1800 keyboard from Radioshack and a UM-3EX midi to USB connector (along with the midi cables) and ran it through Fruity Loops 7XXL, so when I want to add piano, strings, or other parts to the beat I just press record and play it on the piano and presto! No more hassle with adjusting the timing of the notes in it's piano roll, or adding notes one at a time.

GET SYTRUS if you don't already have it. It's well worth the money. The sound packs it comes with as well as the options in it give you endless possibilities to create different sounds.

Digital Beat Making Software