Lets say you are divorced then the custodial parent witnesses a crime and goes into witness protection?

where does that leave the non-custodial parent? Do they still pay child support? Do they give up all contact with their child? Do they go into witness protection with the custodial parent?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If the individual you are inquiring about is in the federal witness protection program then you could contact the United States Marshal's Service for an informed answer to your question as that is the agency that is responsible for federal witness protection. Call your nearest U.S. Marshal's Office and ask to speak to the Deputy U.S. Marshal who handles that program. You also might want to contact the attorney who represented the non-custodial parent at the time of the divorce for guidance in this matter.

  • 1 decade ago

    I think they are free from it all.. if not then they are requires to pay the people who are in contact with the child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.