hollybaby1990 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cats face is swollen and i dont have any money for the vets?

the right side of his face is huge. i can feel a ball-like lump. he doesnt mind me touching it but i know its probably hurting him. what can i do? i dont have anymoney for the vets

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It could be an abcess, a large infection. He needs to see a vet right away because this could be the case. An abcess is very dangerous because it could rupture and release toxins into the body and kill the cat or the infection could spread down into the chest cavity and kill him either way they are deadly. The vet will most likely drain it and put the cat on antibiotics and should not be very expensive. Call the vet and ask the receptionist how much they cost, either way regardless of the cost it is seeking help for your sick pet is the responsible thing to do.

• Abi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If your in the UK, take him to the nearest RSPCA vet, they are very cheap and if you can't pay strait away, they will give you as much time as you need.

If your in the USA then do the same thing, I'm sure they have an equivalant, if the problem is an infection of some kind it must be treated as soon as possible. In future, try to keep a bit of cash put aside in case of medical problems:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Phone the vets, they'll give advice for free, or go on the internet and see if they can help. Good luck hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Try a university or contact the SPCA, perhaps they'll help. Please take your cat soon though. My friends cat had something similar and it turned out to be a tumor. He's fine now but your cat should get checked out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Omega-3 oils daily and a magnet applied all over the face should help.

• 1 decade ago

Your cat could have just banged it's face, or it could be a cyst.

Is it a sudden thing, or has it appeared gradually?

He could have been in a fight.

• 1 decade ago

the pdsa will help.(peoples dispensary for sick animals). it is set up as a charity for this. look them up in your local phone book. will be more than pleased to help you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.