hotter asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Jose · 1 decade ago

Can I take the train or public transportation from san jose airport to san francisco downtown?

or any public transportation from san jose airport to san jose downtown to reach to final destination san francisco ca thanks for your help

Favorite Answer

Easily, I've done it many times.

Outside the main terminal (just ask anyone at any information desk in the San Jose airport terminal) there's a bus stop for the free shuttle to the Santa Clara Caltrain Station. When you get there, get on a train bound for San Francisco (it may just say "King Street" since that's the name of the San Francisco station at the end of the line). The cost, last time I did it, was about $8.00, but that was a couple of years ago.

Once in San Francisco, you can walk across the street and get on the Muni (the local light rail train). The Muni will take you to most areas of the City or to a BART (subway) station from which you access most of the East Bay.

Can I take the train or public transportation from south san jose to san francisco airport?

Shuttle bus to caltrain station from airport, train direct to SF downtown.

Shuttle bus between airports, Bart train to downtown SF.

Yes.

You can explore detailed options on the Bay Area Transit.511

caltrain