Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

proof god is real?

is there any?

Favorite Answer

Nobody knows whether or not God is real. However, then you have to ask yourself, which God? Some people don't even believe in religion. These people are called atheists. If you want proof, there is the Christian Bible. I suppose it's just full of written accounts. However, the virgin Mary appeared to 3 children in France, and later sent a message into the sky that astounded those watching. That is proof for me, and I believe in God anyway.

There are many 'true' Gods though, for instance:

There are the Egyptian Gods, like Osiris and Horus.

Then there is Allah, the Muslim God, who is supposedly the 'one true God.' The Muslim religion also has a bible, however this is called the Ku'ran.

Then there is the Christian God... I myself am a Catholic, and believe in this God.

Allah, the Muslim God, was said to have spread his message using the prophet Mohammad, just like my God spread his message using Jesus Christ.

Some people however believe that God is not a spiritual being, however an extreme power. A prayer is described as a conversation between yourself and God.

Nobody really knows, and I don't think anyone alive will ever know, unless there is an apocalypse. I guess we will find out when we die...

I personally believe that God exists (the God that most people commonly know of, the Christian God). I understand the whole concept is quite confusing, however I believe that there must be more to life, after death.

I hope this helped answer your question :]

-Tim

______________

PS - to what the respondent 'Sarah :D' said (the 5th answer)... those comments are strange. The people who said those things were killed purely by chance, or the events that occurred following what was said.

#1 - Lennon was killed by his crazy stalker. The stalker in question wanted Lennon dead because he couldn't live with the fact that Lennon had never contacted him. It had nothing to do with religion.

#2 - The Titanic sank in 1912 because it hit an iceburg. This happened because the captain wanted to show how fast and 'invincible' the ship would be, and how in 'no time' it would reach its destination. It had nothing to do with religion.

#3 - Monroe was killed by drugs. Simple: she was unhappy and an addict. She overdosed oneday and died. It had nothing to do with religion.

The fact that these sad events occurred not long after the people 'mocked' God was just coincidence. If it were true what you are saying, then literally everyone on this planet would be dead, because people mock God everyday!

God is loving and forgiving. He doesn't make a disaster happen just because someone speaks badly about him.

By using the senses we have...sight, hearing, touch ..etc. we have no proof. The bible was written by men for various reasons and agendas and that is not proof there is a God. We might hope there is a God but we can't say there is one. We can all hope the evil God dipicted in the bible is not real, because that would be worse than not having a God. People just weant to believe in something so that we can extend this life into another life. Our own mortality scares us and we make up things out of this fear.

Oh, sarah:

//1. Nothing, can only create nothing. Therefore, before the

universe began, something, had to have always existed.

2. That "something", is energy. Energy is eternal. The 1st

Law of Thermodynamics proves that by stating "energy

cannot be created or destroyed".

3. Athiests cannot claim this eternal energy always existed

IN the universe, because science itself acknowledges

that the universe, and time, did not always exist//

Here's where you are wrong. Science says no such thing. Before the big bang there was a singularity. The singularity may have always existed, because there is no time outside the singularity.

//4. The source of this pre-existent "eternal energy", was of

such immense power, as to create trillions of galaxies.

5. The eternal energy outside the universe, at some point

applied itself TO the universe in order to birth it, which

leaves 2 possible explanations...

#1- That this eternal-energy source, defied scientific law to

exist, defied it again to transfer to the universe, and obeys

nothing science knows...or...

#2- This un or "super" natural energy, is God manifest.//

I've already de-bunked this. However, even your logic does not support the Christian god. The God you described is simply some strong form of energy--not a conscious entity.

Also, you raise more questions than you answer. If the singularity couldn't have always existed, why is your god able to always exist? If the singularity needs a source, your God also does, and that source would need a source, etc.

Because "nothing can only create nothing," as you said.

• Doug B

SarahD, you have some interesting (weird) ideas here.

John Lennon? Was shot 22 *years* after he made his comments about the Beatles popularity.

Tancredo Neves? Had already served as President and Prime Minister, and had been in poor health for some time.

Cazuza died from an AIDS-related illness.

The Titanic quotes was givien by an awed common seaman *who didn't sail on Titanic.* He worked on a Liverpool tugboat. Boy, God sure showed him!

Marilyn Monroe died in her beachfront home (not an apartment) and since she was working on a film at the time, I doubt she visited Rev. Graham (who wasn't in SoCal that week.)

Bon Scott: Yeah, his heavy drinking had nothing to do with his death. Care to explain the hundreds of other rock stars who are equally sacrilegious who are not only alive, but thriving? By the way, the song is about life in a touring band.

Can you be more wrong?

The only proof would be God himself. But I would suggest there is reasonable evidence for the open minded. I was just given a book by Anthony Flew a life long outspoken atheist who recently converted to belief in God. It was the scientific evidence of the fine tuning of the universe that convinced him. Check out the book There is a God: How the world's most notorious atheist changed his mind.

For those people who can only see the material world, there will never be proof, because God is a spirit.

To you, my only answer can be the informative entry for the Babel Fish in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. Q.E.D."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing."

Source(s): Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

If you really want to know just emerging yourself in the Bible and prayer. The Bible says that we can clearly see proof of what is unseen (God) by looking at what is seen(nature)

We all have unique DNA and fingerprints. How?

Without pollination from honey bees, plants will not produce fruit. Who told the bee to pollinate?

A giraffe has such a long neck that it's head would burst from the amount of blood that flows to it when the giraffe takes a drink if it weren't for a part designed to hold and slow the blood. Who made this possible?

Source(s): Nature & Science The Bible Common Sense A relationship with God
  • Uros I

How could there be?! Only if you picture God as 'an old man with a beard' :) God is a metaphysical being - how could you proove him physically? Maybe philosophy could give some thoughts, but it's not a proof...

1. June 3rd, 2008 I talked to YHWH (God) and asked Him something during a bad bad storm and twisters in my area. After my talk I saw this on the TV radar and took a pic of it. Like to see science prove this is just weather for it is so perfect you would have to add up all the stars twice for it to happen naturally.

http://rutroe.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...

2. This was my 1st divine gift given to me as part of me being ordained by YHWH to be a minister for Him. Its called the Violet Flame of St. Germaine. Or as most call it... the burning bush that Moses saw.

http://rutroe.files.wordpress.com/2007/0...

3. This is an image of what I saw for my 2nd gift that sealed that ordination as described in Acts of the bible. I saw 7 of these and they are what most know as the 7 lamp that sit before YHWH. (not my image but exactly what I saw in my face one night in 1998)

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page16...

4. Other divine gift I was given was witnessed by my 82 yr old grandma. She died a few years ago so I can't have you ask her for her side of the story.

5. Feb 9th, 2008 I had another gift of seeing a known dead dog materialize before my eyes after I talked to God about it. There are 9 witnesses to the fact this dog died by getting hit by a truck and trailer. Yet the dog is with us again. For He states He creates all life with just His breath. If you like I can give you the number of the horse stables where this happened.

This is only 5 of my 9 items to date since 1998. Some are pictures, others are witnesses. But will that be enough for you to believe?

And so you know, religions are pagan in nature and are control items by man. God states in Isaiah 45 to have no religion. Religions are just a division of the truth, the bible. I have yet to find a religion that even follows 30% of the bible and what it states.

I myself have no faith for I am a witness. And to really blow your mind.... prior to this I was a super hard core atheist that stood on the Shroud of Turin as my platform to throw fruit at the religious crowd. The image in the Shroud is the same image in the Violet Flame image. If you put the image through different layers, gamma's and such say in PhotoShop, you will see a man with a beard standing there and he fades just below the knees. The image has been tested and checked by photo and camera experts.

Source(s): ordained minister of YHWH