Virus put in Quarantine?

So, I downloaded a corrupt file that contained a virus, and so I placed it in Micro PC-cillin's quarantine.. I have it placed there, so now what should I do?

Favorite Answer

Quarantine first, then delete latter.

Malware removal is somewhat of an inexact science. Mistakes can and do happen. Often. False-positive detections happen more often then the anti-malware industry cares to admit. It's their dirty little secret.

Needed system files can be mistakenly flagged as malware. Quarantining allows a way to undo any incorrect file deletions, easily, if it ever becomes necessary. When the anti-virus vendor finds their mistake and corrects their signature definitions, for you, the user, it is too late. The needed file has already been permanently deleted. And then it's, "tough luck".

***A file in quarantine is totally safe. It can do no harm.***

You should quarantine everything for a month or so, then if all is OK with your computer and all of your programs, then you can delete.

Leave it in quarantine if you want it will do no harm to your computer there or you can delete it after a week. When a virus or Trojan is in quarantine over time it destroys it so you can safely delete it.

Nothing it cant do anything from in Quarantine

now you get to safely delete it