Aubrey L asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What's the difference between a barber shop and a hair salon?

Uh yeah because they both do hair, right?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i went to a hair salon as a kid. the asian woman shaved my sideburns to the tip top of my forehead, but left everything else the same.

i wish i knew how this could answer your question

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A barber shop usually is for boys (can be for for girls) and there are not as good hairdressers there. If ur a guy and u want 2 get a trim, id prefer u 2 go to a barber shop.

Salons is more of an modern way 2 do hair. More girls go 2 salons. If ur a girl planning on layering ur hair, go to a salon.

• 1 decade ago

most states have combined the licensing for barber/cosmetology but there is still a difference. A barber can shave, a cosmetologist cannot, and a cosmetologist can apply chemicals, a barber cannot. either can do any kind of hair cutting (scissors, razor)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

barber shop is for cutting facial hair, like shaving and hair cutting and side burns, you know.. the more specific cutts. and a salon, is for styling and for cutting and make up also and nails things more general get me?

and barber shops are mainly for me.

Source(s): cosmetology student.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A barber shop is usually for men, their services include shaving, and short haircuts as for a hair salon it is unisex, they offer haircuts for women as well as men, facial hair shaving is not included.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i havnt known any girls to go to a barber shop, i think barber shops just do boys hair, hairdressers do both.

• 3 years ago

Well, I have to be able to admit I love girls with long hair... for me, the longer, the actual better... I honestly can't think regarding anyone who looked better with quick hair

• 3 years ago

i like long and short hair and also my hair has gone through both. but i like longer hair simply because theres more you can do along with it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.