Aubrey L asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What's the difference between a barber shop and a hair salon?

Uh yeah because they both do hair, right?

Favorite Answer

i went to a hair salon as a kid. the asian woman shaved my sideburns to the tip top of my forehead, but left everything else the same.

i wish i knew how this could answer your question

A barber shop usually is for boys (can be for for girls) and there are not as good hairdressers there. If ur a guy and u want 2 get a trim, id prefer u 2 go to a barber shop.

Salons is more of an modern way 2 do hair. More girls go 2 salons. If ur a girl planning on layering ur hair, go to a salon.

most states have combined the licensing for barber/cosmetology but there is still a difference. A barber can shave, a cosmetologist cannot, and a cosmetologist can apply chemicals, a barber cannot. either can do any kind of hair cutting (scissors, razor)

barber shop is for cutting facial hair, like shaving and hair cutting and side burns, you know.. the more specific cutts. and a salon, is for styling and for cutting and make up also and nails things more general get me?

and barber shops are mainly for me.

Source(s): cosmetology student.

A barber shop is usually for men, their services include shaving, and short haircuts as for a hair salon it is unisex, they offer haircuts for women as well as men, facial hair shaving is not included.

i havnt known any girls to go to a barber shop, i think barber shops just do boys hair, hairdressers do both.

Well, I have to be able to admit I love girls with long hair... for me, the longer, the actual better... I honestly can't think regarding anyone who looked better with quick hair

i like long and short hair and also my hair has gone through both. but i like longer hair simply because theres more you can do along with it