Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Will Brett Favre return this season with the Green Bay Packers?

How will Aaron Rodgers take this, considering his contracts ends next year? And can the Packers beat the Cowboys with or without Favre?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Packers will lose to the Cowboys without Favre. The Packers will beat the Cowboys with Favre. The Packers are far worse without Favre. Both are good teams, but Favre is the difference maker. Rodgers is just not the same. Do not let last year's game fool you. That was a fluke. The two teams are also different this year.

I think the fear of Favre playing for a rival NFC North team will scare the Packers into keeping him. They will find it very difficult to trade him for anything of value. And they will NOT release him! Brett Favre in a Vikings uniform? The thought should scare any intelligent man into signing Favre into a lifetime 50 year contract right now. Of course, Ted Thompson has never really been known for doing the smart thing. I also think he's blown it with Favre one too many times. Favre wants out now. Add to that, Aaron Rodgers is acting like a jerk. Then you have Mark Murphy (Packers pres.) saying stupid things. Ted Thompson has been a jerk to Favre for years. Ted Thompson has been a jerk to Packers players ever since he's been the GM. No wonder Brett Favre has finally had enough. The Packers don't want him. Favre wants to stay, but he isn't welcome anymore.

It is not Favre. He has been anything but selfish in all of this. Brett Favre has handled this with class and kind words. Favre has not said anything in the media and kept this quiet, as much as was possible. Everyone else was talking, but not Favre. This mess is Ted Thompson's fault.

And I am a Packers fan. The Packers should fire Ted Thompson. He's ruining the team. Even so, they just might have to keep Favre in order to prevent him from making a rival NFC North team a superbowl contender.

So when it is said and done? Do you keep and pay a player 12.8 million dollars to sit the bench? No, you start Brett Favre. Not just because he is costing you a lot of money, but also because he is your best shot at a Super Bowl!

Personally, I could care less how Aaron Rodgers takes this whole thing because he doesn't care about the fans. He said so himself. If the Packers trade anyone, they should trade Aaron Rodgers. After all, they have a new young prospect in Brian Brohm.

• Jeff
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It isn't looking like the Packers want him back so if that's the case Aaron Rodgers will be happy to finally have his shot. What little Favre played against the Cowboys last year he looked terrible, Rodgers on the other hand played well so they can beat Dallas without Favre. He never won in Texas Stadium so having Favre would be no guarantee that the Packers would win.

• 1 decade ago

It's very simply. If Favre FINALLY makes it official and informs the team and the NFL that he's coming out of retirement, then yes, the Packers will take him back as their starter.

It's not who he is. It's what he did last season that matters. And you simply don't pass up an opportunity. With Favre at the helm, the Packers are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. And if you got a shot, you take it. Ted Thompson isn't stupid. He'll let him back if he wants.

• 1 decade ago

Favre should not play for the Pack - he should not even try. Green Bay needs to release him from his contract and Favre needs to make it publicly clear that is his wish. Otherwise the Packers will be crucified for their choice of QB if they don't make win the superbowl. Shoulda had Favre or Shoulda backed the Rogers.

What a mess this is turning out to be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would hate it if he did...its like the barry bonds situation...ok you got the homerun record, your in your 40's now go retire. Im not saying i dont like Favre, but theres no need for a comeback. He could have left on a good note, but now he's into all the media and being an idiot. But to answer your question, i think the packers will be average this season, because of the physical and emotional loss of brett..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he officially asked the packers 2 release him meaning he wants 2 play 4 another team

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would hate to be Aaron Rodgers. This is how his offseason is every year. Mike McCarthy: Aaron you are going to be our QB. Aaron: Oh awesome, I cant wait. MM: Oh wait just got a call from Brett, sorry one more year on the bench.

Source(s): The answerer three down from me is George Clooney, that is so cool
  • 1 decade ago

were u living under a rock 4 the day? he want out of Green Bay & since the Packers don't want him, it likely Green Bay grants his request for a release

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I Didn't like him with the packers and still don't like him over rated is what i belive

• 1 decade ago

Cowboys will rule this season TRUST ME!!! Bret trying to play for another team from what I'm hearing!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.