Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

How long should I use Aquaphor on my new tattoo?

I just got my tattoo yesterday (7-11-08) and I am wondering for how many days should I be putting the aquaphor on it?

Favorite Answer

I think it depends on how quickly you heal. You dont want too much scabbing because that draws out the color in your tattoo, so if you scab up really bad you might want to use it for up to a week. Only use a light layer though, you dont want so much that is gets all gooey. If your scabbing comes and goes normally, then like they said before me, 2-3 days then switch.

2 to 3 days, twice a day. Then switch to an unscented lotion like Curel. Congrats on the new tat.

Source(s): I have 3 tattoos.

You must've had a really shite tattoo artist if you're asking all of these questions on the internet. He/she should've given you plenty of aftercare info.

I'd use Aquaphor for the first few days, then switch to a fragrance free lotion like Lubriderm.

Source(s): Got a tattoo that healed beautifully.