Why do pranic healing teachers charge so much money to teach something that's God-given?

I was told about the pros of pranic healing by many ppl so I thought of giving it a shot. But when I went to a teacher, she said that if I was a studying in college , she wud charge me 500 bucks under student concession and if I was working , then the fees is 900 bucks..This very thing raised doubts in mind. And... show more I was told about the pros of pranic healing by many ppl so I thought of giving it a shot. But when I went to a teacher, she said that if I was a studying in college , she wud charge me 500 bucks under student concession and if I was working , then the fees is 900 bucks..This very thing raised doubts in mind. And then when to her first class, she barely took interest in me and asked one of her students to teach me some basics.When I asked her some doubts abt Pranic healing (PH)and prana, she dint explain clearly. And finally she said, I shud not share this PH knowledge with anyone unless they join a class and pay fees. What kind of healing is this , I donot know. I began to doubt the very authenticity of PH. Are all teachers the same? Coz most of teh PH teachers I came across charge soo much money for a single class. And they insist us to buy a book and CD also. Is PH authentic? Are there any self-less healers in this world??