If there were no laws regarding torture...?

...do you think some religious groups would still tie people to stakes and burn them?

I think there are some crazy extremists that would go to town on it....

Favorite Answer

Likely a select few would.

Ann Coulter ~

"I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo." Dec. 21, 2005 column

"They're [Democrats] always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment" ~ Oct 20, 2005, University speech

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." ~ Sept. 12, 2001

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building. " ~

New York Observer article; August 26, 2002

"I defy any of my coreligionists to tell me they do not laugh at the idea of Dawkins burning in hell." ~ Godless (book)

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."

MSNBC, Mar. 22, 1997

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal ... [The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."

Politically Incorrect, May 7, 1997

------------

"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism."

--Randall Terry, The News Sentinel, (Ft. Wayne, IN.), 8/16/93

"Nobody has the right to worship on this planet any other God than Jehovah. And therefore the state does not have the responsibility to defend anybody's pseudo-right to worship an idol."

--Rev. Joseph Morecraft, Chalcedon Presbyterian Church, "Biblical Role of Civil Government" speech given 8/31/93 at Biblical Worldview and Christian Education Conference

"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

--Gary North, Political Polytheism: The Myth of Pluralism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, 1989), p. 102

Let's not forget the Phelps gang either.

• most

i think of the actual question under the form is basically how a techniques they could circulate with what they could permit, under the prohibition against "cruel and extraordinary punishment". so a techniques as prohibiting extra beneficial than the form demands them to, there's no decrease in any respect. they don't could even create the positions that should administer the "interrogation innovations" interior the 1st place. they could unquestionably create them with much less authority and scope. before people who do help "waterboarding" etc thumbs-down, neither the question nor the respond became approximately what could be performed or what works.

I could point you to a few websites in which the posters will CONVINCE you that you're 100% correct!

They did it in the past. Why would they not do it today if they could?

Source(s): the Inquisition, the Salem witch hunts, the Crusades.

It was called the inquisition.