Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Coffee Friday!!! Can you answer these situational hypothetical hockey questions (Part 1)???!!!???

Coffee Friday returns…but will not make a comeback. I am freaking loopy today folks, so watch out.

Can you answer these situation hockey questions?

1) Your poor relative passed away, and you and some relatives are sorting through her house, to sell it. You find in her nightstand a Stanley Cup ring, with a Leafs logo on it. Your relatives are totally not into hockey. Do you just take the ring? Or do you tell your other relatives about it?

2) You’re at a steakhouse and awaiting a seat in Scottsdale, AZ. While waiting, you grab a booth in the bar area. You see Wayne Gretzky walk in, and he also enters the bar, that is packed. You ask him if he wants to have a seat at your booth. He sits down, & then tells you immediately, that he is not in the mood for talking about hockey. What do you talk to Wayne about?

Favorite Answer

1. Take the ring and sell it on ebay!!

2. GOOD QUESTION!! Before I give you the answer!!! What state do I live in? Now you know what Wayne and I would talk about: Arizona!!!

We would also be drinking wine since both of us like wine and Wayne is in the wine business.

The steakhouse is Mastro's Steakhouse. Very nice and exclusive!!

8852 E Pinnacle Peak Rd, Scottsdale, AZ http://www.mastrossteakhouse.com/

1. Well most of my relatives in Canada are Leaf fans or at least know who the Leafs are. And the ring can't have been in India. Say I did have relatives over here who weren't hockey fans, I would ask them for it, but I would try and downplay the value enough that they don't decide to keep it but I still pay them enough money so that I don't feel cheap.

2. How did I get into this steakhouse in the first place? I'm a vegetarian. I guess I talk to Wayne about his childhood and his family background. He was related to Sir Isaac Brock so his family history would be pretty interesting as well.

• cme

1) I'd save the house cleaning for someone else, but since it's a hypothetical question and seeing it's you that asked it, I'll answer. I do NOT just take it. Anything this valuable was probably willed to someone. However, if I knew what it was I may be inclined to keep that tidbit a little quiet in hopes that it is agreed that I can have it. But I am telling everyone that I found a ring.

If it was meant for me to have, they'd have said so, which makes this a different question.

2) We grew up in the same area, and have some mutual friends / acquaintances. I never met him but I'm sure we can find enough common ground to have a non-hockey conversation.

1) Tell your Relatives and Then Keep the Ring And Wear It Forever.

2) Golf. Most Hockey Players Love Golf.

1) First, I'd have it authenticated and then show it off to all my friends who are Leafs fans. Then I'd do a Show-and-Tell tour through the Toronto school system and as part of the educational purpose of the tour I would explain to the children that the ring and others like it are exactly what the Teachers Fund have failed to produce.

Then Awesome Bill gets kicked to the curb.....

2) "So, Wayne......Gretzky you say? Uh, so how much of a gambling problem does Janet really have?"

Gretzky: "Can we please talk about something else?"

1) I tell my relatives...that I'm keeping it.

2) I wouldn't be able to talk about hockey anyway. I would be staring at him, unable to turn away, unable to move, and creep him out. I would have a hard time controlling the volume of my voice, and I would blurt out at least three, awkward, unintelligent and halfway-thought-out stammered incomplete statements that would cause a lot of tension and silence. He would shake his head at me, get up, walk out and I would hang my head in shame. I may cry a little bit on the drive home.

1- I couldnt live withmyself if I straight up jacked something that belonged to a deceased family member of someone, so I would tell them.

2- I would probably ask Wayne what he wanted to talk about.. what his interests were outside of hockey.

Hi

1 i didnt see no ring. I pretty sure there wasnt no ring there to begin with.. man we all know cousin jimmy got them slick fingers. where he at any way. bet he at the pawn shop with that witch right now.

2. Man wayne and me would conversating on girls in the bar and other good places to eat in the area. im a master bser i can handle my own. course very last thing i would say ... hows it feel to have the worlds biggest puckbunny for a wife ... then walk away.. i mean we all know wayne aint comeing with the one hitter quiter

1. I take the ring and head to a specific Tim Horton's. And make a deal with the owner (named Boomer) for free coffee for life in return for his stolen ring. Saving my family a lifetime of ignominy and keeping me in crullers for ever.

2. His daughter. Watch how fast he changes the subject. back to hockey.

Either that or a mutual acquaintance Kevin Sullivan, the second best athlete from Brantford, and how he's going to do in Beijing.

I sure do take it but let everyone know that I did. The next thing is to find out what ole' Leaf Aunt Marge was hitting the hay with.

"Sure Wayne no hockey....so let's talk about Gambling or how your wifes rear-end held up over the years"