Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why are people Comparing McCain to Kerry?

Kerry spit on his medals and throw them on the White Lawn, he wrote Anti-AMerican Books and Testified about US Soldiers murdering people while apparently no one was charged.

Meanwhile John McCain was offered to be freed because of his relatives and he said no I will stay on as any other POW.

Now one was a traitor and one was hero.

What is their to compare?

Update:

Tom B you are a poor psychic.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kerry didn't deserve his medals, including three highly questionable Purple Hearts (which he personally initiated the requests for). He spent only three months in Viet Nam and did such a rotten job that, when he asked to return the U.S., his commanding officer heartily endorsed it. He wanted Kerry gone as soon as possible, to restore morale. Kerry refuses to allow the release of his military personnel records.

John McCain has a Purple Heart also, which he didn't request, for severe injuries suffered when his plane crashed after being hit by anti-aircraft fire. He also suffered previous injuries aboard the USS Forrestal in the Gulf of Tonkin, when a 1000 pound bomb exploded near him and killed 28 other men. He refused medical attention for multiple shrapnel wounds to his chest and legs and went immediately to the hanger deck to help sailors jettison ammunition before the nearby fires could set it off. None of the 161 injured on the Forrestal got the Purple Heart because, being offshore, it was technically not in a combat zone.

Source(s): Read "Unfit for Command" about John Kerry. Read "Sailors to the End" by Gregory Freeman about the Forrestal and John McCain.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no comparison. Kerry even took to hanging out with Hanoi Jane Fonda!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's like people saying barrack i slike McCain

• 1 decade ago

Real Traitors cannot become Senators. Terry Anderson spent more time as a Hostage than anyone in History. Terry wasn't a POW but more of a Hero than McCain ever was. Terry is also a DEMOCRAT!

McCain ain't my Hero ... nor is he a head in Arizona. Obama is!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Songbird.

• 1 decade ago

This is the first I've heard of such a nonsensical comparison. I'd suggest not giving it legs by repeating it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Does McCain's daughter wear see-thru dresses too?

• 1 decade ago

McCain will lose. That's why

• 1 decade ago

I don't know but thats just ridiculous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.