im going to taiwan next week?

so..next week im going to taiwan and were going to taichung..an i would like to know..what to wear..what to eat..where theres shopping..what to do...

ill be there for like 10 days with my family..so i would appreciate it if you could tell about some and more of these things...and some of your on expereinces.

thanks!

Favorite Answer

hi there :)

Taiwan's a great place to visit! really, just wear whatever you define good-looking because Taiwan is pretty much internation-nalized and there isn't a specific fashion sense. however, keep in mind that it's a very hot island so wear something light and bring sunblock with you. you might also consider a pocket umbrella since it often rains around here.

as for shopping, a very popular chain store in Taiwan called NET is almost paradise for many teens. it offers a wide range of fashionable apparel for low prices. some of their clothes look almost like abercrombie and hollister products. if you're going to Taichung, here's a store locator for Taichung area :http://www.net-fashion.net/flash/#sec=stores (click on the seventh one down the list)

please don't judge the store by the few products they show on the website as they aren't up to date AT ALL. the actual products in stores are WAY better-looking than the lousy ones on the website. trust me on that. also, NET can be found on almost every 2 streets (at least in Taipei) and I'm guessing it's the same for Taichung.

since you and your family are planning on staying for 10 whole days, I recommend you pay a visit to Taipei city. you can take the "gao tieh" (the super-fast version of the normal train) to Taipei-the ride isn't expensive and doesn't take long. or you can simply take a car, which will take probably 2 hours or so.

In the north you can visit lots of places:

-Taipei 101

-Plenty of nightmarkets (e.g. Tonghwa street, Shihlin)

-DanShui River

-Eat beef noodles * (specialty of Taipei!!!! ^^ )

and most of all, (if you're interested in fashion)

-Wufenpu or Ximenting. these are big nightmarkets with many areas. The clothing areas are crammed with loads of fashionable goods that will have you smiling in no time. these are at very low prices, but beware: like all nightmarkets, be sure to haggle agressively with the shop owner so you don't get ripped off. for example, if they offer you a price of 490, start with 300 or 290 NT. these places have many winding turns and if you suddenly don't know which direction to go, just follow the crowd and go with the flow. this always leads you to the right area. ^^

sorry i couldn't give you much info about the Taichung area. but most of all i hope you enjoy your stay- the Taiwanese people are quite friendly to foreigners. :)

if you need more info, just feel free to post another question.

:)

Source(s): i live in Taiwan ^^

What to wear: It is currently really hot and humid in Taiwan, so be sure to wear shorts and other comfortable summer clothes. There have been rain showers in the mid to late afternoon the past week or so (at least in Changhua, which is about 15 minutes outside of Taichung). Any 7-11 should have plastic rain coats and umbrellas. Worth stopping in if you do not have them.

"What to eat" Well...that depends. I'm not a big fan of Taiwanese food and I know many westerners are not either. BUT...you still want to try it. One thing you will notice is many places have very fresh food that you get back home. This is a plus. Chicken here tends to be wonderful, though it often has the bones in it still. I'm craving chicken and rice right now, but I am too tired to go get some. :-)

Some places I would visit in or near Taichung:

--Sun Moon Lake

--National Science Museum. (If you're not impressed, keep walking through it. There's bound to be something of interest)

--Taichung Art Museum. (In all honesty, I have been there only one time and was not impressed. They had a photography exhibit and I am not a big fan of photography. So my experience might have just been bad timing. I'm sure it's a fantastic museum otherwise).

There are many temples, which is what I found fascinating when I first visited Taiwan. I've seen enough of them now, but as a visitor, take the time to go in and enjoy the art work. I'm sure the hotel you stay at can point out some of the better temples to visit.

Go to the train station and visit the visitor center. It is open until...I don;t know....5:00? (A guess) They will have maps and other information that you can use. It is right next to the exit where you exit the platforms after getting off the train, right by the 7-11.

You also might want to consider taking a day trip to Changhua, a small city about 15 minutes (by train) south of Taichung. There are some popular destination spots there including Ba Gua mountain, which features a large Buddha statue that has sort of become a signature for Changhua. An ancient confuscious temple is also a nice spot to see. From there, you can hop on a bus to Lugang and visit a much older village.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Well wear something that'll keep you cool, and you might want to bring an umbrella because it rains there a lot. But here's a website that gives you detailed information. Virtualtourist.com

It's very helpful. But when I was in Taiwan it was amazing. Everything there is so beautiful. When you go there you MUST go to Taipei 101. It's the tallest building in the world (if you don't know that) and it's full of shopping resturants and it has a hotel.

welcome to our country Taiwan.

Now it's summer in Taiwan, and it's very hot in Taichung. You should wear short shirts and maybe short jeans.

One of the most famous food in Taichung is the cake, called "sun cake". you should try it.And there are many night markets and the vendors sell the delicious food that you might haven't tasted before.

And there are many department stores where there you can shopping as you can.

Taichung is called "culture city" in Taiwan. There are many cultural activities so that you can join it.

Talking about shopping, you should go to Taipei!

around the neighbor of Taipei 101 and xi men ting are the best place to shopping!

Taiwan is scorching hot now, im from Taiwan!

• casson

Ajeet has executed a great pastime for you. i could opt to function that Taroko Gorge Nat'l Park isn't "touristy". it fairly is a huge wasteland section with quite some hiking tails to relish as you walk by its organic splendor. i've got yet to hearken to of any customer who felt it substitute right into a waste of time to pass there. you're welcome to come back and have a seem.

If you are able to go to Taipei, go see the 101 building. It is beautiful. It has many shops and restaurants inside, and all around that building there are malls, restaurants, and movie houses withing walking distance.

I think you should go shopping at the department stores just make sure your luggage isn't going to be overloaded. You should eat like friends egg pancake...

Taiwan Storyland!! We went there and everyone in my family loved it!!!

http://www.taiwanfun.com/north/taipei/recreation/0...