Appetizer ideas for hot weather?

Appetizer ideas for hot weather?

We are having a swim birthday party for my mom's 60th birthday but it is going to be 90+ degrees. Any ideas for great appetizers that won't spoil in the hot sun. I am already doing pizza palmiers and a bruschetta with peach salsa and melted brie cheese. Any other ideas? A little more sophisticated than chips and salsa. Thanks!!!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some nice cool appetizers like shrimp cocktail, since you'll already have the oven going on a hot day. Asparagus, melon or figs wrapped in proscuitto. Pesto torte which is cream cheese and Parmesan based with some black pepper and filled with basil pesto and chilled unmolded and topped with sun dried tomato pesto. This holds up a lot better than a cheese tray in the heat.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Janean
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

appetizer ideas hot weather

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

same as the first answer but salad form, just cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add some olive oil and salt and pepper. anything on a ritz cracker is good!! like shrimp and cocktail sauce, little sammies, or like some good cheese and spicy mustard, have ritz cracker "toppings bar" or something. anything is good on a ritz cracker! my nana makes these little "apps" all the time, theyre soo good!! * 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese * 2/3 cup heavy cream * 1/4 cup 1% milk * 4 cups shelled walnuts, chopped * 1 pound seedless grapes, rinsed (about 40 grapes) * Tostitos scoops basically you mix the first 3 ingridients together, cover the grapes in this mixture then roll them in the chopped walnuts, then sit each one into a tostitos scoop! yummmo! hope this helped and btw, this is the first recipe i ever put in someones answer! :]

• ketch
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Appetizers For A Hot Day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • FLmom3
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

How about a nice large fruit tray and also a veggie tray with dip? Salad is also a good idea. Make sure you keep the appetizers on ice so they stay fresh longer!

• 1 decade ago

Fruit with Fruit Dip

2 packages of cream cheese (I usually use lite)

1 jar of Marshmallow Cream

3-4 table spoons of juice (I like pineapple or OJ the best)

Beat together until creamy. You can put it in the freezer for a while before you leave so it will stay a little cold. Serve with any kind of fruit (strawberries, apples, pineapple, melons, etc.)

Another quick idea that won't go bad in the heat

Corn Dip

2 packages of cream cheese (again, can use lite or fat free)

1-2 cans of corn (drained)

1 can of Rotel tomatoes (drain about 2/3 of the water)

Mix together (using your hands is messy, but works best)

Serve with Frito Scoops. This is one of the easiest dips and it always gets rave reviews.

Have fun and remember your sunscreen!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do try the quick and easy recipes, they are delicious and done in minutes. Enjoy your party

http://www.ifood.tv/network/quick/recipes

• 1 decade ago

try making an onion blossom with great sauce!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.