Tommyc918 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I lost a small white dog in the woods, how can I find him?

We are from NJ and we have a house in Vermont. 4th of July weekend one of our dogs (a small white shih tzu) got spooked from some loud noises. He ran off into the woods and never came back. We are sourounded by woods in all directions (hundreds of acres). The day was Saturday July 5th, and he was last spotted later that day between 4 and 5pm. The woman who spotted him said that there was a car slowing down to possibly pick him up. We called ever possible place, Vets, Shelters, Humane Sc., Police, town clerk and ever other place that may be accociated with lost and found for dogs. We put up flyers and went door to door all over the mountain we live on. We are going back up to Vermont from NJ to continue the search. Any advice on what else we could do to try and locate him?

****DOSE ANYONE THINK THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY DOG****

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200807...

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you contacted everyone you should have. Did you offer a reward for the dog? If not you may want to do so especially if someone found her and decided to keep her instead of returning her to her family. Also say on the flyer that she needs certain medications, even if she doesn't. A lot of people don't want the responsibility of giving a dog daily medication so they may return her. Good luck, I know what you are going through as I just recently lost my dog on June 26th, but I found him thanks to my friends, the police, and a kind man who saw him in his fields and called the police about him. Don't give up hope, and keep posting flyers about him wherever there is a lot of food traffic, like gas stations, a local wal-mart, mini-marts, food stores, etc.

for all emergency's like this, there's probably someone you can go to that has everyones e-mail or something in the area. Don't stop at just your neighborhood, put up flyers in any other place around you because the dog might get very lost and wander far away. You can put an ad in a newspaper if one is delivered. Those are the best solutions I can think of.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. The best you can do is continue to phone the places you already have, to follow up and remind them that the dog is still missing.

I don't want to scare you, but a small dog like that, lost in the woods on a mountain, may not be around 6 days later. Hopefully someone did pick him up though.

Good luck, stay positive, and keep looking. I hope you find your pooch.

make a sign with a reward on it for your dog in the place where the lady saw the car slowing down to pick him up. Hopefully that car goes by there regularly and they will see it and contact you.

The 3 above answers are good too.

Check out the below web site, it tells you step by step what to do, you've already done several good things. Look through the woods, keep calling his name, leave food out.

http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

call the shield and ask in the event that they understand who the female searching for the dogs is. She might have called and left her data in case they discovered it. they are able to call her and he or she will come get her dogs. it would desire to be shy and impossible for a stranger to catch.

if your willing to do this-----lay out some dog food in the morning....2 days later check and see if its there if its not then the dog has came back....dogs have good sense of smell..when i hide from my dog hershy he always sniffs me out...and im 1 mile away!!! so then lay some more out...stay there until the brake of morning....and youll find your doggy

• Say " come here little white doggy that I love! I got some scooby snacks! "

Your little white dog will come soon!