How soon after getting a tattoo can you shower?

I just got my first tattoo yesterday. It's a small 1 inch by 1/2 inch treble clef right above my left breast. I was reading before hand that you shouldn't put running water over it. So how soon could I shower after getting it?

Favorite Answer

You can shower the same day. Just put a large amount of what ever you use to heal your tat with over it I like A-D ointment. this will bead the water right off your tat. while you shower.

Source(s): I have 30% coverage of my body done workin on 90%
  • knavel

Showering After Tattoo

Showering With A New Tattoo

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/cBDLe

Hihi, My bf has a tattoo studio and this is the aftercare: Hope this helps a) remove the dressing after a minimum of 2 hrs b) wash the tattoo gently with mild soap & warm water, making sure that you remove all of the vaseline c) pat/dab the tattoo dry gently with paper towels d) apply a small amount of lotion once or twice a day as required e) too much cream will damage the tattoo-be careful f) you may bath or shower with your new tattoo, but DO NOT soak the tattoo in any kind of water g) salt and chlorinated water will destroy your tattoo. So NO swimming at all until the tattoo heals h) the sun easily damages the ink we have placed into your skin, so NO sunbathing i) if you want your tattoo to look good, you should avoid getting it sunburnt. The tattoo is "under" your skin, so a tan will tone down the colours. j) USE sunblock at all times! cheers Michelle

to be more specific, you can take a shower after one hour of getting it done. you have to wash it about that soon any way. however, when you do take a shower you want to keep it out of the direct contact with the spraying water. instead if you are washing your front side i suggest your back to the shower head and let the water run over the tattoo. and be very gentle when cleaning it. be sure to use anti-bac or anti-microbial soap on it and be sure you wash off ALL the soap.

dont take a too terribly long shower [even a scalding hot shower] the steam caused by the excessive time can cause the tattoo to get too soggy and push the ink out.

once you're out: pat dry and apply the A&D or Tattoo Goo or whatever the artist gave you in a thin layer [a little goes a long way]

Source(s): i'm a tattoo artist.

If you just got it done an hour and a half ago, it's okay to take a shower, but you have to clean it off with the Antibacterial soap, pat it dry, apply your ointment and then recover it. Since it's an open wound, you need to do that and then keep it covered overnight til the morning when you clean it out again. Try not to over-saturate it while in the shower as well.

Hey its been three days since I got my new tattoo and I'm just wondering if I can take a both or shower Now Because i need to take one and I'm samantha by the way so please let me know if I can because that would be helpful ???

To be on the safe side, probably a month. JK! As long as you don't soak the tattoo in water or rub it hard with a towel, it should be OK to take a shower the next day.

I know with all of mine I showered the next day, I was just careful not to let the spray directly hit it for a few days. And pat it dry or just let it air dry. Make sure you keep applying the ointment they gave you or a moisturizing lotion.

• Shauni

At a place I know of, they say you can take a shower after 24hours. But you can't scrub and you have to pat it dry carefully. But most people wait about two days i think.