Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 1 decade ago

How do I find out the PF value of my coins?

I have several old coins that I'm thinking of selling. Can you please tell me how I can determine the true value of the coins.

On bidorbuy I've noticed that the Mandela coins are pretty valuable. Can you please explain to me what the "pf67" or so means written in the description part above the coin. For example:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/8381667/Crazy_R1_ST...

I've noticed, coins with higher PF numbers are worth more. How do I find out the PF value of my coins?

Favorite Answer

PF stands for Proof. A proof coin has gone through a special minting process that regular made-for-circulation coins have not gone through. Proof coins are graded on a scale of 60 thru 70 with 70 being a perfect coin.

Since you don't know what you are looking at (no offense intended as it can take years to get good at grading coins) I would suggest you take the coins to several dealers and see what each of them offers you. Another option would be to find a collector who would be willing to help you out or take the coins to a local coin club and see what they say.

Good luck and have fun.

Source(s): 40 years as a numismatist.

try googling whats my rare coin worth