Who is your hockey hero and or real life hero?

I was thinking aboot this because today would have been my Dads 64th Birthday but I lost him 5 years ago next month.He was a Disabled Veteran from Vietnam who got blown off a roof by friendly fire.Not once in my life did I hear he had an enemy.He got me into a ton of sports but hockey we seemed to love watching the... show more I was thinking aboot this because today would have been my Dads 64th Birthday but I lost him 5 years ago next month.He was a Disabled Veteran from Vietnam who got blown off a roof by friendly fire.Not once in my life did I hear he had an enemy.He got me into a ton of sports but hockey we seemed to love watching the most.His face always lighting up when he was telling me aboot the parade in 74 which my mom is still mad at me for because she was pregnant with me at the time.Just let it go Mom.LOL

Sorry for rambling but I think this could be a good topic for some out there..
Update: WOW so many great stories.Thanks for all the well wishes.How the hell am I going to pick a BA to this question?
Update 2: Alot of great stories and I just can't select a BA so its up for vote.