Fellow GOPer's were you aware that the Bush administration filed a brief with SCOTUS in support of the DC ban?

on handguns and the "right" of the Federal Government to regulate firearms in general. The Second Amentdment of The Bill of Rights states that the "right of the people shall NOT BE INFRINGED". Even the NRA is stupified since Bush's former Attorney General Ashcroft even ordered the Justice Department to accept the fact that the Amendment protects an individual's right to bear arms and act accordingly when pursuing firearm related cases. So, it sounds like the igmo (Bush) that I voted for to protect my Constitutional Rights has once again proven that he thinks our rights are not self evident but only there to be regulated as in the USA Patriot Act & McCain/Feingold. Apparently freedom loving Americans are doomed from this day forward as we obviously have no candidate running for the Office of President of The United States of America that fully supports ALL of our Rights under The U.S. Constitution. What do y'all think?

McCain and Obama have neither one been strong supporters of every right in the constitution. How can anyone stand in front of the American people and swear an oath to protect something that they don't wholeheartedly believe in?

Zogtastic, I read an article about it in The Arkansas Democrat Gazzette this morning. It was an article written by the hunting editor.

• daddio
    Favorite Answer

nope, thanks. one more reason to be fed up with the lame duck.

Believe it or not, most liberals dont agree with the DC ban. I am not pro-gun by any stretch of the imagination. I support balistic finger printing, I support the Brady Bill - but I think the DC ban goes too far.

Law abiding citizens should have the right to own weapons, within reason, for defense or legal activities such as target shooting and hunting(which I dont like, but is legal)

Obama taught Constitutional Law. I think he knows the Constitution better than McCain does.

I haven't heard of this brief though, do you have a source?

Ah, thanks for the clue, found it: http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/jul/10/ar...

Can't read it all (don't feel like setting up an account) so I'll take your word on it.

To be honest, if I was the President... I wouldn't want it legal to have guns around my place of residence and work. So I don't blame him.

Bush and McCain are both Republicans... however, neither can be called Conservatives.