Bad reactions to Levaquin and Avelox?

I am allergic to most antibiotics. My doctor gave me Avelox and Levaquin to treat my sinus infection which I get from time to time. The medicine was okay for the first few treatments, but after that I seemed to get more and more sick if I used either medicine. The Avelox started making me too weak to take it. I... show more I am allergic to most antibiotics. My doctor gave me Avelox and Levaquin to treat my sinus infection which I get from time to time. The medicine was okay for the first few treatments, but after that I seemed to get more and more sick if I used either medicine. The Avelox started making me too weak to take it.

I got another sinus infection a few weeks ago and took a levaquin in 1/2 strength like the doctor said, and it nearly killed me. I was so weak feeling and my chest felt weird and the nausea was so bad. My head was spinning and I just waited and prayed until it wore off. I haven't taken any more of either antibiotic.

Have any of you had a similar experience with Avelox or Levaquin?
1 answer 1