throat hurts after giving oral sex?

i gave oral sex to a guy that i don't know very well less than a week ago. 3 days after i did it, my throat started to hurt and it's been hurting ever since. while i was doing it i deep throated him a lot and he came in my mouth and i swallowed. are there any stds i would have to worry about or is it normal to have a sore throat? i'm worried that he might have something because he goes to a co-ed boarding school and i don't know what he's up to while he's there. please help! :(

41 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there,

I am not going to freak you out.

Here is what you need to know ok, please do not panic.

I am sure that you are now well aware that you shouldn't perform oral sex on someone you don't know. So i am not going to rave on about that.

1. Yes you can get almost all STDs from oral sex

2. Good news - most are curiable!!

3. I see all these people on about herpes. That is a very small risk that you will get oral herpes. It is a risk, but very very small.

4. Could very well be a bacteria infection, cured with anti-biotics.

5. Could just be a bit of trauma to your throat.

Go the doctors, tell him/her whats happend. Ask for a full STD check

You will be fine. Take care next time

P.S - Stop reading all of these other STUPID answers from everyone else!!! They are just going to make you worry even more.

Source(s): Nurse
  • 3 years ago

Throat Hurts After Oral

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you thought oral sex was safe sex, you have another thing coming.

Oral sex is often seen as a safer form of sexual activity because there is no risk for pregnancy and the chances of contracting HIV are much lower than when having penetrative intercourse, but the risks are still considerable.

Getting herpes is one of the biggest STD risks during oral sex, but the bacteria that causes gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis infections can live in the mouth and get passed from the mouth or throat to the penis as well, putting both the partner performing and the partner receiving oral sex at risk.

However, men are more susceptible to getting an infection when receiving oral sex than women because the penis can hit the back of the throat. It is very possible for a healthy, STD-free penis to become infected after receiving oral sex from someone who has the bacteria in their mouth.

• 1 decade ago

See a doctor, but I think you stated the problem in your question. Deep throating can be pretty traumatic on the soft tissues in the back of your mouth and throat. I wouldn't be surprised if the soreness is just a result of some swelling.

Try eating some ice cream and see if that helps any. I'd bet it will.

Next time, stay safe, and use a condom for oral or just don't do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

throat hurts after giving oral sex?

i gave oral sex to a guy that i don't know very well less than a week ago. 3 days after i did it, my throat started to hurt and it's been hurting ever since. while i was doing it i deep throated him a lot and he came in my mouth and i swallowed. are there any stds i would have to worry...

Source(s): throat hurts giving oral sex: https://tr.im/qVKRQ
  • 1 decade ago

If u have an open wound in ur mouth then yeah chances are u could of gotten something when he came in ur mouth but the soreness is normal since u worked ur mouth and throat a lot. It's like working out for the first time and doing extreme workouts and the next day ur all sore that's how it is when u give oral.

• Jane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gargle your throat with warm salt water after each meal or you can use an over the counter throat spray. If you don't get better after three days or have a fever you got something worse. You don't have to tell the doctor how you think you got sick, he just want you to be well. Better think about using a condom or you may be a daddy before your time.

• 1 decade ago

Hm...could be gonorrhea. I know sometimes you can get a sore throat from oral sex if you have it, but I don't know if it'd be that soon after. It's treatable though. Just go to a doctor. And it really could just be all the deep throating.

• 1 decade ago

Hon it is most likely that you picked up a cold not an STD! There is really no known STD that as a side effect have sour throat. However you might wanna reconsider oral sex with guys you don't know very well since there is all sorts of stuff out there.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

There are two types of herpes simplex virus: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Both virus types can cause sores around the mouth (herpes labialis) and on the genitals (genital herpes). Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

Cold sores sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal in several days to 2 weeks.

The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid—such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way. Cold sores can also be spread to other areas of the body.

Luckly there is a cure for herpes https://tr.im/d316d

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.