Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know the name of this movie?

It's about 2 guys who learn about these two girls at some house. One girl lives there and the other girl is visiting, (they might be cousins, maybe?) The girl who is visiting is suppose to be really hot and look like this model on some album cover. Some other guy, who is a jerk, has plans with them but, the two main characters decide to get to the girls first. The movie goes on and a bunch of guys find out about the girls and they all try to get to the house too. They break into a beer factory and steel beer that has to be, "Tall cans." Then they go hang out on the girls front lawn. Oh, and one of the main characters really likes the song, "Don't fear the reaper." But the other guy hates it and never lets him play the song but, at the end of the movie he gets to play the song. I think the movie might be based in the 70's because they had an 8 track player in the car. Of course, there is a whole lot of other stuff that goes on in the movie that I left out but, if you've seen it you know

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Stoned Age (1994)

starring Michael Kopelow, Bradford Tatum, China Kantner (Grace Slick's daughter!), Renee Ammann (aka Renee Griffin), Clifton Gonzalez Gonzalez (aka Clifton Collins, Jr.), David Groh, Michael Wiseman, Kevin Kilner, Taylor Negron (the pizza delivery guy from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High")

IMDb synopsis:

Determined to avoid another night of driving aimlessly around Torrance in the Blue Torpedo, Joe and Hubbs set out on a quest for fine chicks. Their paths soon cross with Tack, from whom they learn about a pair of foreign radical chicks hanging out near the Frankie Avalon place. Over Joe's objections, Hubbs worms Tack out of the deal, and the pair take a slow ride toward their destiny.

TRIVIA:

In the scene where Frankie Avalon drives up to Joe and Hubbs, there is a beer can in the middle of the road that served as a marker for where the two drivers were to stop and talk.

Blue Oyster Cult band member's Eric Bloom and Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser are seen standing outside of a store trying to sell bootleg t-shirt's for $5 after the movie's final credits.

Cameo: During the party scene, while all the guys are in the backyard drinking, the guy on the right of the screen wearing the "here for the beer" hat is the co-writer of the movie~Rich Wilkes.

The beer all the guys drink in the movie is called Ox 45. The script originally called for them to drink Colt 45, but Colt 45 wouldn't allow it because they refuse to endorse underage drinking. So their drink-of-choice was changed from Colt 45 to Ox 45.

Here's one in the right era and with guys going after two girls.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I'm like 99% sure its the movie the girl ahead of me is talking about.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.