Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Why can't Batman defeat the Joker?

I'm always wondering this, i am not a big fan of Batman but I used to watch the series. I mean why doesn't Batman kill the Joker so he doesn't have to deal with him no more?

Favorite Answer

read the killing joke,it will explain why there are so much alike in different aspects.

Joker and Batman are pretty much the same person.. Joker knows everything about Batman.. And as Heath said it in the movie "I dont want to kill you what would I do with out you"

They need each other..

On top of that Joker is a psychological villain, who exploits every weakness of Batman (killing Robin in the comic books and paralyzing Batgirl) Batman and Joker are so much alike in different ways which restrains Batmna from killing him, even though on the outside he truly does despise him and wants nothing more then him dead..

Atleast thats my take..

Source(s): Joker greatest villain in all of entertainment

I don't think Batman was a killer, because then that would put him down at the criminal's level. In the Batman Begins movie when he says "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you." That pretty much sums up the Batman mentallity.

What do you mean? Batman defeated the Joker. Jack was splat in the first one...

Source(s): =) "Wait 'till they get a load of me."-Joker

It's kind of complicated. Think of their relationship as kind of a love-hate situation. Batman knows the Joker is his nemesis, but he knows who he truly is and can't bring himself to kill him. Read The Killing Joke, it is a perfect explanation of the relationship I began to explain.

the simple answer is... because batman needs an archrival. if he kills the joker, then kills the penguin, then kills two face, etc. etc., the series would run out of enemies, and the story would get real boring, real quick.

Source(s): my 8th grade english teacher, who taught us that the answer to "why did this character survive? because if they didn't, the story would end..."

honestly the same reason no one ever killes their rival cause if they did then they would have no one to fight with and the movie would be over. i mean who is batman without the joker, superman with out lex luther, x-men with out magnito etc

I every time spend my half an hour to read this blog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

its a bit like the LOTR, with the good and evil side of gollum, they need each other but in batmans case they arent the same person