Rate this trade for all teams?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?...

I think that this is a great trade for all teams

it makes detroit younger and enters them into a rebuilding stage while unloading sheed

it trades away lebron (who would leave clevland as a free agent in a few years) while still making the cavs better

it gives the nets lebron who they have covetted and gave a replacement (maybe even an uprade) of vince carter

How do you like this trade?

Update:

DS

vince isn't an uprade over lebron

but it is not too bad of a trade off

plus sheed kicks Ilgauskas's a*s anyday

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

without already knowing Lebron will be a Net in '10:

Nets: A+, they get the best players, they'll miss their backup PG

Pistons: A-, i guess they're in rebuild mode, but it looks good with Stuck and Marcus Williams, they also get a shooter and a couple of bigs

Cav's: C+, they get 2 really old Tar Heels, and a no name, things never go right for CLE any way

this is a great trade

• J E M
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The Nets and Cavs could have peed on the Pistons and they would have gotten more out of that trade.

Face it Cavs fans. The Nets won't need to trade for LeBron and give up any players if he is serious about going to Brooklyn. And it looks like he is.

And do you care to explain how Vince Carter is an "upgrade" over LeBron?

Fair enough. I still don't see it happening. I think the Nets will trade Vince for another expiring contract and open up space for LeBron.

• 1 decade ago

that's one hell of a blockbuster. "maybe an upgrade" is crazy. lebron is much better than vince carter. as far as fairness: the nets become the best team in the league...the cavs get a little better, but lose the best player in the NBA who may not be leaving cleveland as soon as you think...and the pistons get completely screwed. ilgauskas is like 50 years old, pavlovic and williams suck, and stromile swift is mediocre at best

• 1 decade ago

yeah i agree. I think it is a great trade all around. Lebron we all know wants to go to Jersey and Rasheed wont be in Detriot to much longer its belived. Fresh starts for all and nobody gets ripped off. Looks good and fair.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WOW if they actually did this trade i would be the happiest person ever.

The nets would have an unstoppable team no question. Harris Hamilton and King James just amazing

tooooo bad it will never ahppen

• BOB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Wont the Nets just sign LeBron?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Terrible trade for all teams except New Jersey. 1st of all Cleaveland won't give up LeBron. 2nd of all Detroit won't git rid of Richard Hamilton for Sasha Pavlovic and Rasheed for Illgauskas. But New Jersey gets LeBron and Rip good going for them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the nets get the best deal, if detroit agrees to that deal then they might as well jsut sign darko milicic to a 4 year 500 million dollar contract

• 1 decade ago

the deal seems good but i like how the nets get the best deal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It actually makes sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.