NL East: where all the drama lies...?

Which team will win the division and how long will each team (Phillies, Marlins, Mets, Braves) be in the race?

Keep in mind the key pitchers coming off the DL and making season debuts soon:

Phillies - Kris Benson (maybe/maybe not - getting roughed up in Triple A)

Marlins - Josh Johnson (tomorrow), Anibal Sanchez, Sergio Mitre

Mets - Orlando Hernandez

Braves - Mike Hampton

• DSW07
    Favorite Answer

I know I'm biased being a Phillies fan, and I think the Phillies will eventually pull out of this pathetic slide, and win the division. The Braves are SO banged up with injuries, the Marlins' youth will catch up to them, and I don't trust the Mets to make a serious run. The Phillies will win the division, but with the pitching they have, that's all they'll get. I hate to say it, but they will be easily bounced out of the first round of the playoffs. Philly fans can hope for being NL East Champs as the best-case scenario at this point.

Since I'm a Mets fan this might sound biased but the Mets will win the NL East. They have the best pitching in the division. Forget about the Marlins or the Braves, they aren't going anywhere its between the Mets and Phils. Phillies have no pitching after Hammels and their bullpen is quite overrated. I see the Mets winning the division by 1 or 2 games. Though they will likely lose to the Cubs or the NL Wildcard in the divisional round.

Im a met fan and im really not being biased at all. The mets will win the division because phillies pitching is horrible and they just sat back and watched CC Sabathia get traded to the brewers and rich harden get traded to the cubs. Whos knows what the hell they are waiting for but the mets have by far the best starting pitchers in the N.L. Yes phillie has a great offense but great pitching wins games. I think phillie will continue to slide through the second half and the mets will eventually pull away. We just gotta get a good reliever but El duque coming back could really help the bullpen as well.

• najar

Nope. The Mets had the biggest fluke & choke in baseball historic previous all on a similar time. particular human beings say that the Mets, 'suck' yet thats no longer genuine no remember what number cases human beings say it. Their no longer undesirable and that i comprehend it. Their bullpen won't be the Sox form of bullpen whether it is going to nevertheless carry particularly some video games for them. The Mets will win ninety one video games. Their offense will score runs yet their concern as continuously is pitching, (comparable difficulty with the Yanks.) The Phillies on the different hand would be super yet no longer fantastic, yet Aaron Rowand may be long gone which may be a extensive dissapoitment to Phillie followers everywere. Their rotation is undesirable besides as their bullpen. right here is how i think of the standings will play out : NL East Mets : ninety one Braves : 89 (Wild Card Winner) Phillies : 86 Nats : seventy six Marlins : seventy 3

I think it will continue to be a 3 way race between the Phillies, Mets, and Marlins. I think the Phillies will eventually fade because besides Hamels, they have no great starters. Florida will hang tough with their young talent, but will also fall behind towards the end. If New York's pitching staff stays healthy, I think they will pull ahead and win the division. They have just as great of an offense as Philly and their pitching is better.

In my heart, I have to say the Mets are going to win the division, and they are just beginning to peak. Hopefully, the losing streaks, lack of team chemistry and injuries are already behind them and now they'll just play baseball.

The only team that may give them a serious run will be the Marlins. The Phillies pitching will eventually bury them, we all saw that last weekend, and the Braves, well, thats another catastrophe in the making.

Source(s): Mets' fan..

Oh don't tell me Mike Hampton is actually making a debut soon. I am a Braves fan. We have heard that for 3 years now. Every time he comes close he hurts himself again. In Atlanta, we don't even mention him so we don't curse him again.

And btw, the first answerer is the most intelligent Phillies fan I have ever witnessed. An actual realization of their team's weaknesses and strengths, plus some of the reasons why the other teams aren't contending. Yes, Phils fan, my Braves are hideously banged up with injuries :( Give him best answer!

well, i m mets hard fan and ofc this will be biased but i will be honest. with willie randolph fired along with rick peterson, i have a feeling mets will change in a good way and i do believe mets will clinch the division but ofc it will not be easy because of phillies. they have proven they are the team to beat. it will be probably closest race between phillies and mets. btw mets has 5 games winning streak..