Do Native American beliefs offend Christians?

I was raised as a Christian, and am still a Christian (although most born agains and fundies would beg to differ). Half of my family was Cherokee, and at my wedding, my uncle toasted with a traditional Chrerokee prayer. My fundie brother in law stood and toasted with an argumentative Christian prayer (loudly... show more I was raised as a Christian, and am still a Christian (although most born agains and fundies would beg to differ). Half of my family was Cherokee, and at my wedding, my uncle toasted with a traditional Chrerokee prayer. My fundie brother in law stood and toasted with an argumentative Christian prayer (loudly stating we have ONE GOD...blah blah blah). I share many of the beliefs that the Cherokee people traditionally held although I practice Christianity for the most part and believe in only one God. Can anyone explain to me why that would have been offensive enough to have prompted such a response (AND was followed up by him distributing a bible tract to my uncle at my wedding which is the tackiest thing I've ever heard of)?
Update: Christian Girl- Did you even READ my question? I do NOT pray to other gods. I said specifically that I believe in one God and agree with SOME of the Cherokee beliefs. Yeah, I can be a Christian and think that pushing Bible tracts on people is really tacky because...get ready for a shock...IT IS!
Update 2: Grains- LOL Did he drink? No, he flat out refused to be the best man at the wedding because he believed that giving the best man toast and raising a glass would promote alcohol consumption, but he had absolutely no problem standing up to put down others' beliefs!
Update 3: Christian Girl- Once again you are not reading what I'm writing and are only concerned about what you have to say. I don't participate in rituals. I said I liked some of the IDEAS! I'm allowed to do that. I believe in one God and do NOT need your approval to say that I am a Christian. The only... show more Christian Girl- Once again you are not reading what I'm writing and are only concerned about what you have to say. I don't participate in rituals. I said I liked some of the IDEAS! I'm allowed to do that. I believe in one God and do NOT need your approval to say that I am a Christian. The only approval I need is God's.