help i need a contract that gives me fulll rights to the song i wrote?

im most likely recording one of my songs with a group in a month i need a contract that entitle me to the song rights copyrighting is expensive and takes a while i need a fast contract to hold me over PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Update:

ohter than copywirghting this is urgent

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Copyright isn't expensive - it is free.

As soon as you write your song down it is AUTOMATICALLY copyright to you. You can pay a fee to "register" your copyright at http://www.copyright.gov/ but not doing so does NOT affect the validity of your copyright.

The so-called "poor mans copyright" of mailing something to yourself has NO legal effect of any type. It's pure myth. here is what the copyright office themselves say about it... http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html...

Richard

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't need a contract Here is what you do. You write the lyrics to the song on paper then you nsend it to to yourself by registered maill. The post office stamps the date on the envellope which proves legal when this letter was sent. DO NOT OPEN THE LETTER keep the seal on it. |Then is ever your song is questioned whether or not YOUR wrote it. You can provide LEGAL proof that it belongs to you.NO QUESTION Keep your envelkope in a safew place . It is a chep and safe way to protect your authoring rights I have protected many of my writters rights in this way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't record it until you have the copyright in place. Or rather, don't give it away or sell it until the copyright is in place.

Get a lawyer that does copyright laws.

• 4 years ago

Get your agent to name her agent, and notice if they are able to do lunch. If they do, they usually get alongside, then probably YOU and your agent can do lunch along with her agent and a few of her humans.... Then, if ALL of you get alongside, then you definitely and your humans can do lunch with Billie Ray and a few of her humans, and if her daddy comes to a decision you are no longer particularly in it to take a look at to diddle his little lady, then probably, simply probably, you and her and her daddy and her humans and your humans could have a sit down down. Maybe a month after that, a few of her humans could concentrate in your CD. Then, if they all like your music, then probably you and a few of your humans can celebration in a studio with a few of her humans to concentrate in combination so they are able to let you know what you have to difference. Then, you return and re-paintings your CD adding all in their alterations, however you additionally make a couple of extra of your possess for the reason that their alterations precipitated alterations that made you believe you needed to make the opposite alterations, so that you do. Then, your humans take your new CD to a few of her humans, and they all concentrate to it once more. They make a few extra ideas, for the reason that the alterations you made for the reason that of the alterations they desired lead them to come to a decision that probably there are every other alterations that you simply need to recollect making. Meanwhile, Miley releases a brand new unmarried that sounds amazingly very similar to your music, however no longer particularly. You name your legal professional.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.