my boyfriend has some serious issues i think he's bipolar or something. last night i went to see him after

i got off work--well he was drunk, he punch a hole through a winshield bled all over the place THEN wiped the blood all over my uniform- we went inside and he threw food in my face, dumped my purse out all over the floor because i refused to pick the food up that he threw-could he be bipolar? ive seen him do crap like this before like cutting his forehead open with a knife etc..but he ONLY acts this way around me? i dont understand. im very quiet and shy and friendly, im not provoking him in any way, i could tell him he looks nice and he'd call me a dirty lying whore or something (and yes i know i should leave him-i just want to see what kind of condition he might have)

Favorite Answer

The condition sounds like a$$hole-itis.

Fact is, I was somewhat like this, though never to the extremes he takes it. It seems like he vents his frustrations on you because he knows you aren't going anywhere (or perhaps he WANTS you to leave). He definitely has issues, though I suspect he's not actually bipolar or anything besides sociopathic.

And leave him.. RIGHT NOW.. or don't complain in a year when he's beating you to a messy pulp.

Well you should definetly think about leaving him. If he s cutting his forehead open and bleeding ONLY around you, then there is something really wrong. It's not bipolar, I can tell u that. Im not a doctor, but everyone, give me a thumbs up if u think this guy has a case of pyscodic disorder. lol. Hopefully u havnt developed any strong feelings toward him because you really should dump him...over the phone because based on what you said he did, he might kill you lol. I would just stop answering his calls and just stop acknowledging his existense. u may be better off that way

You said he was drunk, correct? Well wouldn't that explain it a bit?

Was he drunk the other times? If so, then it could just be a drinking problem.

If not... then its very possible that he has some sort of disorder. However, this is not something that you can diagnose over the net. You would need to go to a therapist or a psychologist for that. However, that does sound a bit bipolar if he wasn't drunk all the other times, so you might want to get some counseling to see whats going on.

Your friend may be unipolar, bipolar, tripolar or googlepolar... the fact is he doesn't respect you enough to treat you right.

That you are concerned and asking for advice shows you are indeed a sweet person. But, there are limits to being sweet, specially if someone is trying to endanger your existence along with his very own.

Gather your self respect, pull your chin up, make a resolve and move on. This is not going to do you any good.

Life has better shades waiting for you to come and see.

Best!

It might not be a condition necessarily...it sounds like you are trying to find a excuse of his behavior. Then on the other hand I know you want to figure if it is a condition, so you can prolly help.

But if you say he's only like this with you and never around others. It may not be such a healthy realationship to stick around in.

Have you ever asked him, why he might act the way he does?

I would say he may have a split personality but if he likes his drink every day or should i say prefers to be drunk then i could say he may be an alcoholic sorry. I would get him to a dr to see as cutting your own forehead open is not right he may need to see a shrink and im not being sarcastic i promise. any ways good luck but if i was you i would leave i know u already knowq that but by the sound on it you could do loads better babe xxxx take it easy.

He seems mentally unstable. You should probably take him to have him checked out by a professional. It does not seem like a good idea to be in a relationship with him. Weather or not he has a condition, he is abusive. Its great that that you want to help him. You should help him, but you need to look out for yourself and get out of that relationship.

This dude is crazy. he might be showing off in front of you trying to get a reaction out of you. He needs some serious help. You don't need to put yourself in an environment like that because one day it could turn physical and you could loose your life. Get away and let him be before its too late

I think he could be ABUSIVE! You just said it yourself, he ONLY acts that way around you? Come on! Why are you with him? Bipolar people don't have depression spells only when they are around certain people. And that's not depression that's aggression. He SERIOUSLY called you a Whore and you're still with him? Please PLEASE tell me you deep down know you are so much better then that and have the self confidence to leave him?

As far as his condition, assholeism.

Break up with him. Do you really want to be in an abusive relationship? He's not worth the time and effort to try to change him. It sounds like he's just being a dick.