scared...obgyn question...please answer..?

well i didnt get my period last month so i took pregnancy tests and got a positive than got two negatives two weeks later...now i have my period and its really really bad...we think that i miscarried...but wont find out until my obgyn appointment...what should i expect at the obgyn, i have never even been to an obgyn...im 17.

Update:

p.s. i dont want to hear all the stuff about how im too young to have sex and be in love and everything..thats not what im asking for.

Update 2:

& yes before i had my period i had wicked pains and i still do.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

they will prob make you have an ultrasound just to confirm what happ and give u a pap smear. just relax and have the dr talk to u the whole time. it takes 2 min i promise and it doesnt hurt. they may have u come back for a d&c but im not to sure what it is i just know its to make sure the baby is out.

• 1 decade ago

.Bleeding: Bleeding that starts and stops and starts and stops is often a sign that your hormone levels are falling. While you may still be okay, you need to have your blood hCG pregnancy hormone levels monitored. Heavy bleeding that soaks a pad in an hour is a sign that a miscarriage may be beginning. See the sections on "definite signs" for more information on what to do. Keep in mind that while bleeding is always scary, 70% of all pregnancies have bleeding at some point. Both of my normal pregnancies had bleeding, heavy and red. And the one I lost at 20 weeks never even spotted.

Cramping: You are going to feel a lot of random cramping down there the whole pregnancy. The only time cramping is a concern is if you are breathing in a labor-like huff, or if you also begin bleeding with the cramps.

Loss of pregnancy symptoms: This is a question I get all the time. While the complete and sudden loss of pregnancy symptoms can signal a pending miscarriage, usually it is not the first sign. You will have many days where you don't feel pregnant, when the nausea abates for a day or two, or your breasts are less sore. This is expected and not a concern at all. Around weeks 10 to 14, this is completely normal, as your hormone levels even out and the placenta takes over. The loss of pregnancy symptoms during a miscarriage is usually something you see in hindsight, not ahead of time.

A pregnancy test that is positive, then negative: This is a classic sign of an ectopic. Often you may also see spotting. If you have taken a pregnancy test that is positive, then another one a few days later that is negative, alert your doctor immediately. You want to rule out an ectopic or take care of it before you have to go the surgical route. If you are taking the tests in the same day, though, you might be right on the edge of a positive result, and urine later in the day may not be concentrated enough to keep the test positive. Test again the next morning to be sure.

• 1 decade ago

well, possibly the first test which was positive was a false positive......... it happens. If infact you were pregnant, maybe you miscarried. But if that is the case, the second two tests wouldnt register a negative but still a positive.

Those tests register a pregnancy hormone in your urine, which is more accurately taken thru blood work. So at the doctor tomorrow, hopefully they will take some blood work to find out for sure. If you are, or were, they will monitor the HCG level (pregnancy hormone levels/numbers) over some time. If it is risning (doubling every 2-3 days) the pregnancy is developing fine. If it is dropping, then a miscarriage is now a possibility.

Good luck

• 1 decade ago

Well, I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you are miscarrying. Are you having bad cramps along with heavy bleeding? HCG, which is the hormone that is detected in early pregnancy (and makes the HPT positive) doubles and triples in the first few weeks, therefore, if you got a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks after a positive, then it looks like your HCG went down and now you are miscarrying. The doctor will obviously be able to confirm this. Most likely he/she will do a blood test, and a vaginal sonogram. There is nothing to worry about! You should definitely start seeing your OB/GYN regularly for pap smears and testing, for your own health, especially since you are sexually active. I'm sure your doctor will recommend one!

Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You should see a doctor, the ob/gyn is not that bad, it's a part of being a woman so I guess you will get used to it sooner rather than later.

Just try and have your dates in order, so that the doctor can have a good timeline as to what might be going on - and since you are having sex, there's no time like the present to get an exam. Also talk about birth control - safe sex is a must, especially at your age

• 1 decade ago

Well if you dont want to hear it then why ask the question. We are suppose to be honest here and tell you that you are way too young to have a child. As for the OBGYN they will tell you the same thing and help you from having this happen again. You need to take better care of yourself and think of your future rather than having unprotected sex.

• 1 decade ago

It sounds like you did have a miscarriage. Keep you appointment.....you might need to have a D&C. If you continue to bleed very bad then call them and let them know.

They will give you a pregnancy test and do a pelvic exam and possibly bloodwork.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are probably going to check yourr hormone levels to see if you were or not. I cannot say if you did or didnt.

• 1 decade ago

They will check you out and be able to give you an answer

Did you have any pain?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.