Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheatre & Acting · 1 decade ago

The Lion King Stage Musical?

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the stage version of The Lion King?...I want to read the script but can only find the movie one myself...any thanks will be greatly appreciated!

Favorite Answer

You have to be very careful when looking for musical librettos and scripts because they are often copyrighted and owned, and if you are planning on performing the show you have to have permission from the actual company that put the show on in the first place, otherwise you could get in major trouble. I know Les Mis have a student edition which they sell the rights for so schools and theatre companies can put on, but you have to apply for and buy.

If it's not on the internet, I'd maybe have a look at this book if you can order it from anywhere:

The Lion King: Pride Rock on Broadway

by Julie Taymor

It's a hardback, behind the scenes book all about the musical. I'm not entirely sure if it has the script in, but I'm mentioning this because the accompanying book for the musical Wicked has a libretto at the end of the book. It might be worth checking that out.

Or, try this website:

http://www.theatre-musical.com/lionking.html

That's a very good site which goes into detail about a lot of Broadway/West End shows and usually has at least the song lyrics/libretto avaliable.

Hope this helps!

Lion King Script

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The Lion King Stage Musical?

Source(s): lion king stage musical: https://tr.im/CcP8O
  • i'm pretty sure it's still on broadway so you may need to contact the theatre company and buy it from them. if you plan on performing it, you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO mention this so they can give you legal permission to do it.

this happened with my school........we did Little Women and even though it's not still on broadway, the theatre company never sold it to be published so we had to buy it from them and get legal permission to do it.

a little hint---if you DO have to do all this, only buy 1 copy of the script cause it's major expensive and laminated photocopies work just as well. if you can't laminate, you can buy those plastic binder sleeves that are clear so you can put two pages back to back and snap them into a binder, but you can still take the pages out to highlight or write changes or staging

good luck!

Save time and money throughout the week by buying lean protein including chicken breasts in bulk and cooking a week's worth about Sunday night.

Use a dash of cinnamon to offer fruits such as bananas along with melons a richer dessert feel devoid of the sugar.

Snack attack! Puree peaches, berries or pears for a sweet spread to go on pita chips.

Distracted dining will get you in trouble. Avoid eating before a television or in a movie theater, as you're bound to eat more calories.

Are your dishes too large? A healthy dinner should fit on a 9-inch plate. You may realize that kid-sized plates are more appropriately sized to feed grown-up!

People who regularly weigh themselves and account for their progress in a journal may lose weight.