Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

I have a 140 IQ and a very philosophical mind, What job should I be doing?

I don't really have a specfic 'this is what I want to do'

Favorite Answer

I'd say a teacher, a religious leader, or some kind of political leader. If you really like to think (philosophy) and you're somewhat adept at it (IQ), then I see nothing more rewarding than thinking in a field where you have the opportunity to get involved in other peoples' lives and share your ideas.

As many people have noted, beyond certain IQ tests being open for debate as to accuracy (many seem to measure knowledge over innate intelligence, when they claim the opposite), there is something else to consider. "IQ," even assuming 140 is correct, is a resource in its raw form, unless it is honed through experience, and tempered with wisdom. I've known some exceedingly smart people academically that I wouldn't trust to cross the street without getting run over. That's because they tend to have a hard time connecting to others, and their academic isolation has deprived them of the way things work in a realistic, day-to-day sense. That's why so many of them make excellent researchers but mediocre professors. They have the knowledge, but lack the common touch, the human intuition, to pull it all together into a digestable form.

Hopefully, you are one of the ones who has taken the time to develop a human side to match your intellectual prowess. If that's the case, then give some serious though to a job in the public sector. I think we're at a time where we could use a little more thoughtfulness and intelligence and a little less hateful bigotry to carry us forward into the next chapter.

• Field

140 iq philosophical mind job

• Alease

It looks like I definitely under achieved in life if your info is correct. I kind of already knew that but it's now too late for me to do anything about it. All I ever wanted to do was play sports and meet some good looking girls and I did a lot of the first and some of the other. The job did not match my IQ and I should have been a doctor or lawyer according to your info.

You can't really say anything based on that information alone. Just so you know, most people don't find much weight in IQs, because the tests tend to be biased and based on knowledge. Judging by your wording, I'd say you're socially awkward. So I assume a job that doesn't involve much people...

So you definitely wouldn't want to be a consultant... too bad that pays well...

One of those freelancer jobs... Website designer, Writer... you could try for a college professer. etc. Stick to the humanities. I only say writer, because that way you could actually get your 'philosophies' out.

I am in realy the same situation! I have a 140 iq, a philosophical mind, and i know 5 foreign languages. I was involved in one realigious movement, but the life pushed me away... Now i am in searching for something and i am in a little trouble, because society ask from me experience and a lot of CV, without willing to know me personaly. And what should i say to them in my CV, that i was a priest??? and, so, i am a little stuck...

With an IQ of 140 and a much better understanding of your own strengths & weaknessess, likes & dislikes, educational background, and so on -- you are in a much better position than anyone of us 'mere mortals' to answer that question.

If Philosophy can be defined as the study of a fundamental problem concerning knowledge by addressing a question (such as, "What job should I be doing"? ) by using critical analysis and a systematic approach on reasoned argument, then, again, you are more than capable of answering this question yourself.

• hippo

IQ means nothing.

Some of the "smartest" people I know are the dumbest!

I have met people with PhD's who get rubbish research jobs that they hate, and are low pay. What fools.

Try thinking about "life intelligence". How can you be the happiest person alive, and make the world a better place. That is real intelligence. Academic intelligence is ok, but don't let it inflate your ego.

The only intelligent response to "what job should I be doing?", is do the thing you love. Some smart people's egos feel the need to do something "clever", and then they are unhappy. But this is not that intelligent! Do what you love and your motivation and happiness will be unbounded.

Use that intelligence and philosophical mind to think about what you would like to do then set about doing it.

For intelligence to be of any use you need to apply it but if thinking is all you do it serves little purpose.

A journey of a thousand miles begin with just one step forward.

• Apollo

Well I don't know but I think Bush has around 90 IQ, and he is the most powerful man in the world, so I don't think IQ has anything to do about what job you have, it's not what you know, it's who you know, in this world.

If you had to ask, then I know IQ is just a score for answering inane questions.