Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is hell and where is it located?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

>> What is hell and where is it located?

Hell is a negative euphemism for the grave. The Bible says that everybody whom dies in this life merely goes to the grave and "sleeps" there (Psalm 13:3; John 11:11-14) until one of the two Great Resurrections which take place at the end of time (John 5:28,29). The First Resurrection is of the Righteous and takes place at Christ's Second Coming -- which is at the beginning of the Final Millennium (Rev. 20:4-6). The Second Resurrection is of the Wicked and takes place after that Final Millennium (Rev. 20:7,12,13).

So, there is no hell -- it is a non-existent place -- but there is still the Lake of Fire; which is not, yet, burning (Rev. 20:7,9,10,14,15) and will not burn forever (Isa 47:14; Mal. 4:1-3). God is Just, but not cruel. Thus, Jesus had to die for me in order to save me from that Lake of Fire.

God bless.

Source(s): Hell Fire: A Twisted Truth Untangled http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/OnlineLibrar... Is the Devil in Charge of Hell? http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/BibleStudies... The Parable of the Rich Man And Lazarus http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/OnlineLibrar... What Happens When You Die? http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/BibleStudies...
  • dlc
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It is being outside of the covenant with the God of Israel, the Living God, our Creator.

Sometimes I feel it is located at the place where I work five days a week, especially on monday mornings.

I hope my new job application in construction and farming is accepted in His Kingdom.

Isa 65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isa 65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

• 1 decade ago

Hell is an event that takes place at the time of judgment...it's not a location, nor is it eternal. If interested, scriptural evidence is given in this link: http://www.helltruth.com/home.aspx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are 162 references to HELL in the New Testament alone, over 70 of those spoken by Jesus Himself.

" He that believes (the gospel) and is baptized SHALL BE SAVED; he that believes not SHALL BE DAMNED ". - Jesus

"So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth". - Jesus (Matt. 13:49)

Jesus called it a literal place of REAL torment.

The truth about hell: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

Scriptures about hell: http://www.rapturealert.com/ishellarealplace.html

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only hell is the Valley Gehenna outside of Jerusalem.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on which religion I guess.

Not 100% about Christianity, but they think it lies below Earth.

In Norse Paganism, Hel is not only the goddess of death, but it is also the name of her realm, where people who did not die honorably end up, according to some sources, Hel is underneath the world tree Yggdrassil, connected to one of its roots, next to Midgard (Earth) and the other one to the realm of the Frost Giants.

In Buddhism, Naraka, the equivalent of Hell, is the place of greatest suffering. This version of Hell is very complex, and explaining it will take a long time, but I'll leave you with the Wikipedia page, in the sources section.

In Hinduism, Naraka, is also the equivalent of Hell. Unlike the Buddhist Naraka, the Hindu one is a place where you pay the price for whatever bad thing you did in your previous life. After you pay your punishment, you are reborn as an animal or as a person. Yama is the one who decides your punishment.

In Egyptian theology, Hell is the Duat, where the sun god Ra goes at night. It is also the place of judgement, where the god Anubis judges you, by using a feather, which represents Ma'at, goddess of Truth and Justice. If your heart weighs more or weighs less than the feather, you are eaten by the goddess Ammit, but if it weighs exactly the same, you go to paradise. Not sure what happens when Ammit eats you.

The Hellenistic (Greek) version of Hell is complex. There are two hells, if you will. Hades (named after the god) is where all souls go. Some Hellenistic theologists claimed that all souls, no matter what, end up in Hades. Later on, others said that one would be judged by their actions. If you were good, or at least ok, you were sent to the Elysian Fields. If you were trully wicked, or if Zeus ordered it, you would go to Tartarus.

In Shinto, Yomi is a place where all the dead rot indefinitely, no matter how they acted during their lives.

In Chinese theology, Diyu is hell, but I'll leave you with the Wikipedia entry to it.

In Aztec theology, the equivalent of Hell was Mictlan. All the dead went to Mictlan, except warriors who died in battle or women who died during childbirth. For the rest, the would go to Mictlan to rest eternally. But first, they must journey to go there. It takes them 4 years, but once they get there, they rest, no suffering whatsoever.

The other "Hell" in Aztec myth was Tlalocan, where those who did not go to Mictlan would end up, its really more akin to Christianity's Paradise.

• 1 decade ago

It is a awful, terrible and disgusting place, also known as New Jersey. Located in the North Eastern United States, New Jersey is shoved right between Pennsylvania,Delaware and New York.

The only reason people live there is because Philadelphia And New York City need to shove their suburbs somewhere !

Its a God awful place. so yea its hell !

• 1 decade ago

There is no location, because there is no hell!

A place named Hotazel in the Kalahari Desert is mans idea

of what hell feels like. Try these co-ordinates 27.12S 22.58E

• 1 decade ago

Grave , 6 ft under.

• 1 decade ago

Hell has been said to be a place where all sinful souls go, instead of to heaven. It is also said that it is located benaeth the earths surface in a firey dungeon. Hell is kind of ironic though,becuase catholisism explains that god forgives all souls and welcomes them into his kingdom. hmmm

as for the devil he is said to be an EX saint that turned to te evil side and lost a legendary fight against St michael and was sentened to eternity below, where it was decided all sinful souls would be sent.

well im not sure about that.

Hell for me would have to at work. enough said.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.