promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why do girls prefer pretty boys over real men?

For example, most girls in the US have a crush on pretty boy actors such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron, but even as they mature, they are still attracted to pretty boys. Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron won't protect women from muggers or beat the brains out of other guys who are hitting on their women, and I thought women were attracted to men who they thought could protect them.

You don't see too many older women attracted to real, older men like Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, and Mel Gibson.

From what I have heard, I am handsome, but in a rugged way, and I plan on going to college and becoming an officer in the Marines, so I am hardly one of those pretty boys. I am in no rush to get in a relationship because most high school girls are not yet mature and I want a real woman.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

zac efron probally couldnt protect a girl, but i think leonardo dicaprio could actually hurt someone lol.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The military is not going to help you get women. I'll tell you that right now. The marines is going to turn you into a jerk.

but women like pretty boyz because they pay attention to a womans feelings. the military is going to teach you how to ignore feelings. Women can protect themselves that's what guns are made for.

• Allie!
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Ahahaha! I think Zac efron looks like a wussy girl! I like a built man with masculine features. Why the crap would a woman want to date another "woman"?

p.s. I don't have a crush on him because he's old, buy Bruce is my fav actor and he's pretty attractive :)

• 4 years ago

A mixture of both is nice. I like guys that do work on their physique, and also his tan. I dont want a man that is too muscular, because then it looks like thats all he cares about. But yet, I dont want a boy that cares more about his looks than I do, or takes longer to get ready than I do. So I would say they would have to be equally balanced for me to be head-over-heels.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont really know what the attraction is... but experience tells me that prettyboys take longer to get ready than I do, and thats definately a turnoff.

I like a guy that will protect me (I guess thats why i've been out with Army guys). Its much nicer to date a manly man than a boy.

• 1 decade ago

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It is a question that really has no answer other than women are just as shallow as men. You also need to take into account that Ashton Kutcher, noted pretty boy is now married to Demi Moore, hot celebrity milf.

• 1 decade ago

They think that every pretty boys are strong and hot just to show off. Not every guy is a gentleman. I think a girl should go for a gentleman not a hot man.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i hate zac efron, he's so OVERRATED.

and girls like that are shallow and don't see into the

complications of real relationships.

• 1 decade ago

ok girls just like to look good and if they have a gay lil pretty boy they think that they look better and most girls dont relly grow up as fast as guys do (if you no what i mean)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

T'is 'coz most girls are bisexual goodman. " Kissed a girl and I liked it.. cherry chapstick" etc. Pretty boys are close to the pretty gals they crave. Ok, I need a threesome now...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.