Why do girls prefer pretty boys over real men?

For example, most girls in the US have a crush on pretty boy actors such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron, but even as they mature, they are still attracted to pretty boys. Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron won't protect women from muggers or beat the brains out of other guys who are hitting on their women, and... show more For example, most girls in the US have a crush on pretty boy actors such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron, but even as they mature, they are still attracted to pretty boys. Leonardo DiCaprio and Zac Efron won't protect women from muggers or beat the brains out of other guys who are hitting on their women, and I thought women were attracted to men who they thought could protect them.

You don't see too many older women attracted to real, older men like Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, and Mel Gibson.

From what I have heard, I am handsome, but in a rugged way, and I plan on going to college and becoming an officer in the Marines, so I am hardly one of those pretty boys. I am in no rush to get in a relationship because most high school girls are not yet mature and I want a real woman.